Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
gettin fish to swim
StondTmplPilot
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:13:04 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Try raising the Y value in the position tab. Sometimes you have to raise the fish to a certain level before they will move.

Inked_Minx wrote:

pussy knows when it's gonna get eatenWink Grin

Murasaki_Hime wrote:
Quote:
I'll say dream big, and then find a way to pull that perfection into reality.

Mr_Craig_PS
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:14:55 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I am having trouble getting my fishtank fish to animate as well.
I believe I am using the appropriate prop (fish type), in the Script, I am choosing ATTACH ANIMATED SPRITE.
In the Script window, I am not changing any parameters nor am I typing the name of the ani file in the dialog box labelled SPRITE.
Instead, I am moving over to the STATE tab, and typing in the appropriate name of the ani file for that fish prop in the dialog box labeled STATE.
I am not changing any other parameters. Leaf Static is the only State tab window option clicked.
When I click Save & Release, that is when it gets weird. The fish, for a fraction of a second, does some weird vertical motion, and then just disappears.
Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?
Craig
Mr_Craig_PS
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:28:20 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Oh, and I did raise the Y position of the fish, so they should be high enough in the tank. They are still disappearing.
ChynaBlue_Gs
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:14:56 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi Craig, for me, I have found that it's best to make the fish outside the aquarium first then place them. They do fly off into never, never land when you first click on save, so best to have them closer to you. I also open, and leave open, my prop list so I can see the highlighted, just created fish, easily then simply click on place and pull them back down and/or in. Now, in script don't click on anything, rather simply go to state and put in the proper fish ani file name (ie... Angel Fish_01.........................angel_fish1_ani .) and unlit if you choose them to be bright. Every so often as I am adding other fish or things, i will see one of the older ones swimming outside the glass or half way through, but then you simply click and place him back in and maybe turn him a bit as you can now see their pattern of movement. Okey, well hope this is of some help.
Come wander and relax in Chyna's Blue Town.
vww://utherverse.vww/@1311/@143226

Chyna's Blue Town

Mr_Craig_PS
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:56:28 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Chyna,

Thank you for your response. That is exactly what was happening. I will go into more detail for any other people who come across this posting as well.

Yes, I believe the animated fish props still existed, as you mentioned, and were flying off to other parts of the zaby, probably never to be found again. So, if anybody plans of visiting my zaby, and gets the distinct impression of a rotten fishy smell, it could be those dead fish stuck in the wall. Smile

Anyway, to find some of those missing fish, I did what you said, I used the prop list, and highlighted them. I pressed the F2 function key, so the absolute coordinates where I was standing were visible in the lower right hand corner of my screen. I would then change the coordinates of the fish prop, closer to where I was standing closer to where my coordinates were. Sometimes, I had to play with the x, y, or z coordinates, but eventually, the fish appeared. When it did, I would select it and then move it into the aquarium.

I am not sure, but I what I suspect may have happened to me, is that when positioning the fish props initially, I was using Relative coordinates, versus Absolute coordinates. Then, when saving, the fish would go flying off to some weird absolute coordinate.

Thanks again, Chyna
Craig
ChynaBlue_Gs
#6 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 12:24:48 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Well glad I helped hon. As to what happens to our "flying fish" is, I believe as I have stated before, some poor Utherverse tech newbie is going to be tasked with having to go inworld and find all the fish, walls, signs, etc... that have been lost in the voids by almost all of us at one time or another and will stumble into a kind of odd-world third dimension filled with many strange and wonderous creations floating, flying and laying about and then spend months cleaning them all up Sad I also, after having used them, know that there has to be some of the bats flying madly around out there in that same void (as they fly in and out of walls and seems I have now lost 3 of them, lol The bats are veryyy cool btw!!), so pehaps they will eat some of the fish Grin
Come wander and relax in Chyna's Blue Town.
vww://utherverse.vww/@1311/@143226

Chyna's Blue Town

Mr_Craig_PS
#7 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 3:56:05 AM(UTC)

Medals:
LOL, Chyna, thanks again for the help.