Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
music in the apartment
edridge
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:36:51 PM(UTC)

b how do you listen to music through your jukebox in the apartments
Laidlaw77
#2 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 1:59:32 AM(UTC)

edridge wrote:

Lets expand that:what optons ,THAT WORK , are there to listen to music in my Zaby
_Trixie_
#3 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 2:41:34 AM(UTC)

Laidlaw77 wrote:
edridge wrote:

Lets expand that:what optons ,THAT WORK , are there to listen to music in my Zaby

I haven't tried this yet, but a friend of mine put in a jukebox, then chose the AddWebBrowser script. Set the URL to the stream that you want and make sure it's invisible. Theoretically, the music will play once you click the jukebox.
Caty_EdenFlower
#4 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 4:00:21 AM(UTC)

Medals:
in scripts you can set it to show a web page i set a radio station page there and bingo i can now listen to my fav radio station from the juke boxSmile
Love ya Caty

I am the typo Queen so deal with it.Smile

Forum Whore and all around Pest

Politics is a contact sport with no rules.GAME ON!

'second star to the right, and straight on till morning.'

King_Woozle_HOT
#5 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 5:50:12 AM(UTC)

Medals:
This was tackled several posts ago there is a thread on it.

http://www.utherverse.co...spx?g=posts&t=27168

There is a detailed explanation of how to do both a webpage, and any type of content you want to put in it from music to movies.

Woozle
Ganzas_T4E
#6 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 7:04:00 AM(UTC)

Multi station radio , send me a private if you need help in game.
Ill help you to set it up.

ceshtird1993_BBK
#7 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 12:04:02 PM(UTC)

ok i got two questions on this. first off is it possible to have my playlist running in my zaby from playlist.com (since it is html code i was wondering) secound how do you do the live streaming radio
and is there a way on putting it on hide so it might not show in the zaby(lol turned out to more then just one question)now my last question would be would it be only me hearing it or would it be possible that my friends inside my zaby would hear it too. once again ty for you help
Garf_HOG_SOA
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 8:53:02 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Yes. It's entirely possible to have your playlist.com playlist play stream into your Zaby. Follow Woozles instructions from the previous post on this subject and set the url to either your playlist.com profile url, or your Utherverse Social Center profile url if you have your playlist on there, whichever you prefer. Your playlist should be set to autoplay if you choose to have the webpage hidden ( so to speak ) coz you'll never find the bloody thing to turn it on Tongue

As to your second question, it depends on exactly what you mean by live streaming radio:

1) If you mean play a live stream from an established radio station such as ClubRLC or a real world station, then use the method that Woozles describes. The url you put in should be for a page with a streamer for the station you want to play in your Zaby ( rather obiously Tongue ) but be aware that certain stations charge you for use of their streamer ( ClubRLC charge you a ridiculously small amount per month for you to have one of their streamers on your profile and give you 24 hour access to two different music networks plus all of the individual streams run by the ClubRLC DJs) so they would take a dim view to your trying to use their stream for free.

2) If on the other hand you mean setting up your own live stream to play in your own music in your Zaby, this is a little bit more complicated and could cost you money to do if you go down certain routes. I'll give you the cheapest way ( ie FREE ) I know how.

a) Get yourself a broadcast stream. There's a number of ways to do this and this is one of the things that could wind up costing you money. One free stream host is http://www.streamwebtown.com/index.php using Windows Media streaming. They do charge for professional packages, but still run a free stream hosting srvice for web developers and IT learners. If all you want to do is occaisionally stream into your Zaby, then this should do the trick for you. Be warned though... they do restart the free stream servers every 6 hours and the bandwidth is not guaranteed, so if you're looking to run your stream for longer this probably wouldn't be the best option. There are other free stream hosts, but you'll have to look for them yourself as I haven't ever needed to use them, and as such, I wouldn't know what stream formats they offer. Google search for any of the miriad Windows Media, Shoutcast, Icecast etc stream hosts available. As far as I know though, Shoutcast and Icecast stream hosts nearly always charge you for hosting so you'll have to decide if this the best option is for you . Another way of getting a stream would be to get a job with one of the streaming radio stations such as Club RLC ( another shameless plug :D hehe ). If you go down this route there are a numbr of considerations, such as whether you'd be suitable for their station, whether they will be playing a genre of music that you want to play, whether their schedule would allow you to broadcast when you want to etc. I for one have my own individual stream with ClubRLC which does cost me ( a pitance I might add ) but it does allow me to stream when and where I want to ( within reason ), and whatever genre of music I feel like playing. You'll find the details of the technicalities of actually setting up the stream account on the website of whichever host you decide to use.

b) Get yourself an encoder, this being the software that converts your mp3s/wmas etc into a broadcast stream. If you decide to use Streamwebtown as a host, they have a link to download Windows Media Encoder 9, which as far as I know is still free. You'll need to download it anyways if you use them to actually set up your stream account in the first place, but once that's done you're free to use whatever software you can lay your hands on. Personally, I hated it 'cause I found it really inflexible to use, but one plus point is that you can stream video with it as well, useful if you want to watch your own movies in your Zaby. From what I've been led to understand, you can use Winamp as an encoder too. You might need to download the relevant plug in for whatever stream format you're using, but once again I wouldn't have a scooby 'cause I think Winamp is well over-rated and have never used it to stream from. I use a bit of kit called SAM broadcaster myself, but the license for it is fairly exspensive so this probably isn't the one for you. There is other software out there, but you'd have to do the searching for it yourself. Once you have your encoder you'll need to set it up with the details of your stream account, which should be available from whatever stream host you eventually use.

c) Set up your streamer ( the bit that actually recieves yiur stream ) on a web page. Almost certainly this'll be your Utherverse profile, but if you know what your doing you can set one up on Myspace, Facebook etc or your own web site. I've used an embedded Windows Media Player as my streamer, as in the method described by Woozles , but there are other ones out there. From what I know, if you do end up using a Shoutcast stream you probably won't find a flash player suitable because there weren't any compatible action codes at the time I was looking into it, but since Adobe have bought the rights to flash recently this might not be the case anymore. You'd have to look into this yourself once again. If you do use an embedded WMP make sure you put the url for your stream into the relavent bit of code ie as the stream source. Copy and paste the code into your profile, then set whatver prop you want in your Zaby to act as a web browser in the scripting ( I've used the piano for mine ), add the url for your desired webpage, fire up your encoder, add what ever music you want to play and Bob's you uncle and Fanny's your aunt. Job done. You're live on air and streaming to the world, or your Zaby at least :D

If you need more technical details, or any help and advice setting up the stream account, the encoder,or the streamer, please feel free to poke me in world or drop me an email via the Social Center http://www.utherverse.com/DJ_Garf

King_Woozle_HOT
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:07:27 AM(UTC)

Medals:
To add to his post another free method is using your own shoutcast server

I also am in the process of making a dropdown list that lets you select your music station.

give it a try, I am adding urls all the time, feel free to use it. http://dswoozle.dyndns.org/music/ (please don't pwn my site)
If you want a url added I'd be happy to.

That particular page uses ajax to get it working but I will gladly post the info so you can see it below.
It uses javascript to reload a "content" div. be sure to make you window big enough, also you can pick up the ajax code from dynamic drive to make your own...also customize your little page to your hearts content, I have plain white for now. I used their ajax because I got lazy and didn't want to write my own...also mine to tend to be very lengthy and I use php to generate dynamic content rather then static pages like the ones below.

Also if you want more places with stations (haha) check www.shoutcast.com.

CODE BIT
now this code requires 2 pages....
on the first page I have this which I labeled index.html
Code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>Ajax Rotating Includes Script</title>
<script type="text/javascript">

/***********************************************
* Dynamic Ajax Content- © Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
***********************************************/

var loadedobjects=""
var rootdomain="http://"+window.location.hostname

function ajaxpage(url, containerid){
var page_request = false
if (window.XMLHttpRequest) // if Mozilla, Safari etc
page_request = new XMLHttpRequest()
else if (window.ActiveXObject){ // if IE
try {
page_request = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")
}
catch (e){
try{
page_request = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
}
catch (e){}
}
}
else
return false
page_request.onreadystatechange=function(){
loadpage(page_request, containerid)
}
page_request.open('GET', url, true)
page_request.send(null)
}

function loadpage(page_request, containerid){
if (page_request.readyState == 4 && (page_request.status==200 || window.location.href.indexOf("http")==-1))
document.getElementById(containerid).innerHTML=page_request.responseText
}

function loadobjs(){
if (!document.getElementById)
return
for (i=0; i<arguments.length; i++){
var file=arguments[i]
var fileref=""
if (loadedobjects.indexOf(file)==-1){ //Check to see if this object has not already been added to page before proceeding
if (file.indexOf(".js")!=-1){ //If object is a js file
fileref=document.createElement('script')
fileref.setAttribute("type","text/javascript");
fileref.setAttribute("src", file);
}
else if (file.indexOf(".css")!=-1){ //If object is a css file
fileref=document.createElement("link")
fileref.setAttribute("rel", "stylesheet");
fileref.setAttribute("type", "text/css");
fileref.setAttribute("href", file);
}
}
if (fileref!=""){
document.getElementsByTagName("head").item(0).appendChild(fileref)
loadedobjects+=file+" " //Remember this object as being already added to page
}
}
}

function ajaxcombo(selectobjID, loadarea){
var selectobj=document.getElementById? document.getElementById(selectobjID) : ""
if (selectobj!="" && selectobj.options[selectobj.selectedIndex].value!="")
ajaxpage(selectobj.options[selectobj.selectedIndex].value, loadarea)
}

</script>

<style type="text/css">
#leftcolumn{
float:left;
width:150px;
height: 400px;
border: 3px solid black;
padding: 5px;
padding-left: 8px;

}

#leftcolumn a{
padding: 3px 1px;
display: block;
width: 100%;
text-decoration: none;
font-weight: bold;
border-bottom: 1px solid gray;
}

#leftcolumn a:hover{
background-color: #FFFF80;
}

#rightcolumn{
float:left;
width:550px;
min-height: 400px;
border: 3px solid black;
margin-left: 10px;
padding: 5px;
padding-bottom: 8px;
}

* html #rightcolumn{ /*IE only style*/
height: 400px;
}

</style>
</head>
<body>
<form>
<select id="ajaxmenu" size="1" onChange="ajaxcombo('ajaxmenu', 'contentarea')">
<option value="blank.html">Off</option>
<option value="001.html">Digitally Imported Radio</option>
</select>
</form>
<div id="contentarea"></div>
</body>
</html>

Code:

The second page which is labeled 001.html
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
  <head>
  <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1250">
  <meta name="generator" content="PSPad editor, www.pspad.com">
  <title></title>
  </head>
  <body>   

<EMBED type='application/x-mplayer2' pluginspage='http://microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/ en/download/' id='mediaPlayer' name='mediaPlayer' displaysize='0' autosize='0' showcontrols='1' showtracker='1' showdisplay='0' showstatusbar='1' videoborder3d='0' width="100" height="50" src="http://66.90.103.76:9090" autostart='1' designtimesp='5311' loop='0'>
  </body>
</html>

Obviously that is not the url for Digitally Imported radio but you get the idea. Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas, I'd love to explore this more and find a way to not only stream our own content songs free and without a lot of hassle as well as share music....hmmm perhaps a p2p client written in java, php and mysql.

Geekings,
Woozle

Garf_HOG_SOA
#10 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 9:56:44 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Ooops. Missed out on your other questions...

Yes, you can have the stream hidden so you don't see the webpage, just the prop it's attached to. Just set the script offsets and scale to the settings recommended by Woozle and it does the trick.

Yes, other people would be able to hear the stream as long as they're in your Zaby ( although as Woozle says, there may be issues with them still hearing your stream after they've left... roll on the updated streaming script Dancing )

As a footnote in response to the last post by Woozle, I didn't know you could set up your own shoutcast server. I'm not really a techy, I just look good and throw the records around :D :D :D

Also, as a question to the great man himself... I followed your instructions for setting up the Zaby stream and I'm getting a weird issue ( OOERR MISSUS Tongue ) whereby my stream lags, but it kinda overlays itself as well so I end up hearing two streams with one about 30 seconds behind the other. Any idea what's causing this, Woozle, and any idea of what I can do to correct it?

BTW love the webpage Wooz. I would give you my own url to add to it, but as my stream is currently with ClubRLC and they make rays outta profile streamers and stream exclusively from Temptations ( and Retronation although I haven't got the foggiest where it is ), so I think they'd give me a swift kick in the happy sack if I started broadcasting elsewhere for free. Great idea about the P2P, although not being a techy I'm not sure just how much help I'd be, although I do have lots of music to share ;d . Would also be interested in finding out more about setting up my own shoutcast server, so any advice you could give me on that would be cool.

http://www.utherverse.com/DJ_Garf

King_Woozle_HOT
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:31:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hardly great just a geek...but anyway.

RLC opens (on windows machine) an IE (internet explorer) window, but its not on the server-side, its client-side. What this means is that when someone...anyone goes to your zaby they're computer through rlc opens an IE window and views the url you give. If its set to a streaming radio station they hear it because the data is streaming. But they may here it slightly delayed or ahead of you. If you try a youtube video when they enter the video will start anew, while you may be in the middle of it. The problem is that if you don't have a constant streaming station like streaming tv or radio everyone hears different things. Note: to all those with playlists that autoplay...if you've been in your zaby and its on the 4th song, when your friend arrives he will hear the song at the beginning of the playlist. Again its just like your normal browser if you go to website with a playlist and listen for a while and then hit refresh you'll notice it starts at the beginning of the song again. This is why i moved away from those, because people expressed interest in everyone hearing the same thing. Even with the dropdown player, I and the other gentleman have made, it doesn't mean everyone has to hear the same thing, you both have to select the same streaming station to hear the same music. Again this doesn't apply to people who are only and constantly streaming one radio station(hidden or not). So when you have someone over....make sure they move their player or dropdown or whatever to same song/stream so you can all hear the same thing, unless you have the url pointing to a constant streaming station.

By all means test it out if you don't believe me.

As for people who are getting layering, I've found that RLC doesn't seem to handle closing the window correctly. So if you're listening to one stream, then change the url of the object (the dropdown station switching has exhibited the same behavior nor have the individual playlist players I have seen), RLC doesn't seem to close the original window it created...it may in appearance but then you still hear these layered streams (Which don't seem to end unless you exit the client). This is why i created the applications the way i did, with a stop. But its not perfect and there may be nothing I can do about it. It is also why i have visible players...because if I started one stream and then want to change it, I have to stop it (and can because its visible) first or sometimes I would get the layering of the music or video.

I am working on a system where one person can change the station and it will affect everyone in the zaby, but its still a work in progress. I believe that I can either assign or let people pick a channel (basically a unique id) on the player, and when one person changes it...the webpage will check back see the change and adjust the other people's selection. This doesn't mean they have to, but it means if they wanted they could all share the same music ( and yes....things are getting complicated but fun). I don't know if I will be able to share the code for it though since it'll be very long winded and involve a series of timed ajax calls to the server to update information along with either a text file or db call. I'm thinking initially of 10 channels so that anyone coming into you zaby simply selects channel 10 and the play will change to that station. It will also make it more interactive since it'll affect everyone listening to the station.

Hope this helps!!

Geekings,
Woozle
_Kizzy_
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:19:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
DJ_Trixie_ISNR wrote:
Laidlaw77 wrote:
edridge wrote:

I haven't tried this yet, but a friend of mine put in a jukebox, then chose the AddWebBrowser script. Set the URL to the stream that you want and make sure it's invisible. Theoretically, the music will play once you click the jukebox.

doesn't work. tried it
devilgyrl
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:10:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi

I tried today for hours to put music in my zaby......nothing is working.
I have a stream from a german radio channel, because I'm from Germany but now I live in Californien Smile
can somebody help me........please
ceshtird1993_BBK
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:39:54 PM(UTC)

first off
hey woozie family smiles

dj and woozie wow you two had me glued to the dang screen reading your two posts. dj gosh you answered all my questions and then some.
now you two woke up the music geek in me. I will try what you two have sugested and let you know how it went.

Me personlay i don t mind p2p sharing only thing is had bad exp. in the past with some of the p2p cousing troubles to my laptop
hope to hear from you too soon
peace
Sierra_Blayze
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:58:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I have tried and tried, to get this to work, and no luck, can anyonehelp me get this jukebox to play my playlist, please?
_Mr_Majestyk_
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:00:52 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Mine is a little different in that it is asp ans uses preset buttons for different radio stations. Still don't fully understand streaming to an entire room vs one person, but will get there eventually :D
dare_s
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:11:55 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you WoozleApplause
Sir_Dreamalot
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:06:18 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I put a playlist from playlist.com in my profile blog set to auto start and it automaticaly appears in your zaby and auto starts when you go into your zaby.
RedOdile
#19 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2008 9:36:10 AM(UTC)

I managed to successfully get one stream going in one jukebox. I used the Script, Attach Clickable URL, and then I pasted the URL of the stream. However, I can't get it to work on other jukeboxes in my apartment where I would like a different kind of music. Any suggestions?
Waving from another world with ausmate by my side. -12/2011
GeneHugs4u_K_G
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 01, 2008 11:27:57 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Here's some notes for dance floors and clickable jukebox

Dance Floor
Create a Trigger Box in Prop Editor
Re-size it and place it where you want
Make sure it goes all the way to the floor and preferably to the ceiling
Script the trigger box with one of the following
Dance
Dance Country
Dance Exotic (have not tested this one yet, but could be fun *W*)
State (with Advanced checked)
NOT collidable
Check Invisible
Check Trigger
Un-lock it and exit Prop Editor
Done

Juke box
Create a Jukebox in Prop Editor
Click (check) Advanced in Prop Editor (upper right of the prop editor window)
Script it with Cached Clickable Web Image
Put nothing in the Image URL
Put the address of the music page in Click URL
It should be an address that you can put in your browser and the music starts playing without further input
Turn on/off this feature should NOT be checked
Collidable should be the ONLY state checked, and even that is optional
keeps ppl from walking through your jukebox, but does nothing either way for operations
Un-lock it and exit Prop Editor
Done

NOTES:
Dance floor will start you dancing as soon as you walk on it
Each person in the zaby will have to click on the jukebox to hear the music
Everyone will hear the same music at the same time
It will start up a media player and start streaming the music
You can turn the music off by stopping the media player
Sir_Free
#21 Posted : Monday, November 03, 2008 1:13:59 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Aweful glad I read before asking, I gotta go try this out.

Thanks to everyone, nice to have knowlegable around to help.

Free
Inked_Minx
#22 Posted : Tuesday, November 04, 2008 3:38:36 AM(UTC)

thanks GeneHugs4u...havin fun now with my dance floorSmile.....propb wouldve gotten around to it but your post was too ez to pass up. Thanks again.

TFF
“The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.”

Groucho Marx

“He who is passionate and hasty, is generally honest; it is your cool dissembling hypocrite, of whom you should beware”

"The liberty of the press would be an empty sound, and no man would venture to write on any subject, however, pure his purpose, without an attorney at one elbow and a counsel at the other. From minds thus subdued by the fear of punishment, there could issue no works of genius to expand the empire of human reason."
Thomas Erskine
Dali and Disney= AWESOMENESS
misty0235
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:22:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
;d ok so this is what I did and it worked.......

I made a jukebox positioned it etc...... then I made a sign and used the script Attach Web Browser then in the url I put in the url I wanted in my case I just used my profile which automatically plays my playlist.........it will pop up with the web page (looks stuck inside your jukebox) but just click invisible in State and lock it plays automatically

of course it's in the whole place and unless you go into propedit you can't turn it off.....but hey it works good enough for me Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing