Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Templates ???
tabitha10
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 05, 2010 6:38:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi folks ! Smile So now that access to the texture folder is gone, where and how can I get the template files to PhotoShop different areas of the props? like this one:

And I'm talking all generic designer props, vehicles, any and all template files. I have the download before they took our Folders away so I have access to those, but are obsolete since the new Limo, Sedan, taxi, etc, has come out. Now, I have the granny viewer, PhotoShop, etc, and use UtherProp. I understand about the use of these programs but I see that alot of you guys have this Pix in the forums. Like the Police car, Spidey Cadillac, the Limousine, and all kinds of other props. You guys are great for finding them and spending the time to make these textures and then share with us. ( Smile thanxxss Smile ). But I would like to be able to get originals to modify. ANY HELP in pointing me in the right direction on these template files or how to create them would be very appreciated. Smile
Tabitha
Kyra_VA
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 1:51:22 AM(UTC)

hi Tabitha

If you have not yet gotten the gml files, I do have them if you wanna shoot me an rlc email that has an email addy that i can attach files to I'd be happy to send them along to you. I have for props as well as clothing gmls.

Anyone else needing them as well, just shoot me an rlc email with an addy i can send to and ill get them right out to ya.

~*~ Kyra
Bad_Timmy
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 3:00:02 AM(UTC)

Medals:
A simple solution to a simple problem... a member willing to freely share the .gml file folder they have.

THANK YOU,KYRA!

_HunteR_Designs_
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 4:13:04 AM(UTC)

utherprop does a good enough job to get a texture for the props as i used that to create a regular template for the limo and taxi. wasnt that dificult to to do

Bad_Timmy
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 4:29:57 AM(UTC)

Medals:
"good enough"?

you wouldn't prefer the folder, Hunter? (and be honest).

seriously... would anybody really say "I'd rather have to take screen shots from UtherProp, cut the prop map out of the screen shot, resize the map and save it than have all the prop maps in a file folder of my own."?

seriously?
Bad_Timmy
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 12:02:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
seriously... would anybody really say "I'd rather have to take screen shots from UtherProp, cut the prop map out of the screen shot, resize the map and save it than have all the prop maps in a file folder of my own."?

seriously?

50 page views since i posted this 4 hours ago. Not one person willing to say it. Sorta says it all.
_HunteR_Designs_
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 6:15:41 PM(UTC)

Bad_Timmy wrote:
"good enough"?

seriously?

sure it would be great to have the files (textures not gr2 files) only for the same reason u need granny viewwer to look at the gr2 file get a screenshot cut and paste and all. be great to have the texture files and uv files to make a better template, but as for utherprop its the best solution so far

tabitha10
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 8:56:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hi This is groovy and all but I'm still not sure where to get them. (my ignorance is not always bliss! lol) I can't seem to save anything from UtherProp. (that I know of) Is there a folder that resides somewhere that there kept and updated for future ones? I would love to try to make stuff like you guys (nice work all you guys! Smile Help! Still Wondering........
_HunteR_Designs_
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:41:50 PM(UTC)

make the webpage fullscreen and using CTRL+PRINT it copys a screens image to clipboard all u need to do than is open ur graphics program like paint and paste into a new file

Terry_Ties_SPS
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:20:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:
What is this utherprop you speak of and where can i get it?

CD__Suzy
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 07, 2010 11:56:31 PM(UTC)

terry_ties wrote:
What is this utherprop you speak of and where can i get it?

It can be located here: http://www.uthercloset.c...&id=59&Itemid=60

Feel free to visit my world

Bad_Timmy
#12 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2010 5:13:07 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
be great to have the texture files and uv files to make a better template

And isnt that all so many people are asking RLC for, Hunter? It's not a hard problem to solve for RLC - hell SELL a complete folder of maps to interested decorators for x amount of rays if they want to. Sexy's "you shouldn't have them because I have them and used them to create UtherProp" and "you don't need them" attitude struck a sore spot for more folks than I think you realize.
klasscdame
#13 Posted : Friday, January 08, 2010 2:16:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Does anyone have the template for the wine glass? I love wine - but not red all the time, would love to make a skin for rose' or white.

Deb

Klasscy's Nursery Hub

Aphy_IsNutts_CJS
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 3:25:34 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Is this what u r looking for hun?

_SexyOne_
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 6:26:04 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Bad_Timmy wrote:
Quote:

And isnt that all so many people are asking RLC for, Hunter? It's not a hard problem to solve for RLC - hell SELL a complete folder of maps to interested decorators for x amount of rays if they want to. Sexy's "you shouldn't have them because I have them and used them to create UtherProp" and "you don't need them" attitude struck a sore spot for more folks than I think you realize.

Pathetic, at least make accurate quotes, I never said any of these things. I mean truely, if I wanted to screw you I'd take UtherProp down, charge you for use of it or find some other way to be the evil bitch you seem to believe me to be. What you are looking for has been asked for literally for *years* and has never been delivered. I take that as a hint that it's not going to be, and offered another solution. If you don't like it don't use it and get the hell off my case. I don't own UV they are free to do exactly as you wish, nothing I do will stop them.

This kind of mud slinging is the exact reason why many more people don't bother making tools that others would find useful, happens every single time anyone tries to do anything decent in the community. I've seen many posts particularly from Bad_Timmy complaining that UtherProp doesn't go far enough, I've yet to see one making the simple suggestion "hey how about a way for UP to save higher quality images?", nope instead I get this rubbish. I even asked for Bad_Timmy for suggestions, and was told it was fine as it was. I guess mud slinging is more fun that being remotely helpful to anyone.

I'll certainly never waste my time again trying to make anything that is remotely worth while for this community again.
_SexyOne_
Proprietor Sexy's Bar!
http://www.sexysbar.com
klasscdame
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 7:20:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you!!!! I will post the results of my efforts when I finish

Deb

Klasscy's Nursery Hub

Sexy
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 8:16:52 AM(UTC)

Location: In green country.... with allergies?? What was I thinking.......
Medals:
_SexyOne_ wrote:
I'll certainly never waste my time again trying to make anything that is remotely worth while for this community again.
Cry

For SexyOne:
Say it isn't so. Sexy I don't care what people say.. YOU ROCK in a geeky kind of way Wink If it wasn't for your hard work and dedication you put into the community I would have never had a 'locked invite only' reception over 2 years ago. Gotta love that security system of yours. There's many things you have done for the community that others don't realize. They're just jealous cause they can't do it.

*hugsss you tight SexyOne*

Applause Applause Applause Applause <~~~appreciation claps for SexyOne

For the bashers of SexyOne:
You Big Meanies picking on SexyOne like that. Do you have any idea what she has done for THE WHOLE COMMUNITY!!!!! You selfish ___________ <~~ you can fill in the blank.

Sexy's Mall
Sexy's Bar
Fred The Jukebox
Sexy's TV
UtherCloset
UtherProp

and I'm sure somewhere in there I missed something.

Remember... If you don't like it... Don't Use it. Brick wall

What have you given to the WHOLE COMMUNITY?? Think about it before you start bashing someone's work alright?

Not talking >Sad >Sad >Sad <~~~for the bashers and mud slingers

Bad_Timmy
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 8:35:04 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
I don't agree that the users need the gr2 files, everything you need to do with a file *can* be done in the UV client, it's simply a matter of convience to have the content available to you

Quote:
As for the texture maps for props they are all now viewable via UtherProp

Quote:
Do I think that the average user needs access to the original gr2 files, no I don't. I think that exposes UV to too many issues. While most would use them as they should, not all would, there is plenty of evidence that there is more than enough people with no respect for anyone or anything posted everyday in these forums.

Quote:
Utherverse is of course free to do as they please, they are more than capable of releasing their content as they see fit. I don't think it would be a good idea for them to do so

Sexy
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 8:39:49 AM(UTC)

Location: In green country.... with allergies?? What was I thinking.......
Medals:
Bad_Timmy wrote:
Quote:
I don't agree that the users need the gr2 files, everything you need to do with a file *can* be done in the UV client, it's simply a matter of convience to have the content available to you

Quote:

Quote:
Do I think that the average user needs access to the original gr2 files, no I don't. I think that exposes UV to too many issues. While most would use them as they should, not all would, there is plenty of evidence that there is more than enough people with no respect for anyone or anything posted everyday in these forums.

Quote:
Utherverse is of course free to do as they please, they are more than capable of releasing their content as they see fit. I don't think it would be a good idea for them to do so

Okay so you know how to post Quotes, but by who and when regarding what??

_SexyOne_
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 8:50:08 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Bad_Timmy wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

None of which say ..

Bad_Timmy wrote:
Sexy's "you shouldn't have them because I have them and used them to create UtherProp" and "you don't need them" attitude struck a sore spot for more folks than I think you realize.

I'm entitled to my opinion with regard to UV's releasing the GR2 files to all and sundry, it's been proven time and again that content of that nature will be ripped off, used in ways it's not intended to be used, both by users and other MMO companys. UV by their own actions have shown a desire to protect such content which I believe to be fair enough. There is nothing stopping you from gaining UV's trust, and the ablity to make something such as UP or other tools to do the things you want. All I've ever had to do is contact them directly and ask.

UV haven't made the textures available after many years of people calling for them to do so, for reasons of their own. I asked them if I could make a tool that people might find useful and they allowed it, because it would save everyone some time.

But carry on ripping me apart if that's your thing, better that than doing something useful I guess.

Enjoy your weekend.
_SexyOne_
Proprietor Sexy's Bar!
http://www.sexysbar.com
Hollywood
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 9:16:14 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Bad_Timmy wrote:
"good enough"?

seriously?

Since you wanted a reply to this, I'll bite.

No.

I really don't see the big deal here. I can either:

A: Open a program that requires me to first click on the open to browse for a file, then search for a file by the file name and not the in world prop name, click on what is pretty likely to be the correct one and 99% of the time is. Then once you find it, then you have to go to a list of options as to what you want to do (which is more complex for those not real savvy), find the one to show the texture for that particular item, save a shot of the pic and load it into an editor. Edit the newly made pic into a workable template. Use the template to work on an image. Upload the image to a server somewhere, then test it in world. Tweak, reupload, reload region, check again. Hope that the cache gods shine in my favor and that I don't suddenly hit the moment to where the caching sticks in which I have to close the client and come back in to see changes.

B: Open a browser and go to UtherProp, pick the prop I want by it's in-world name. Save a copy of the image shown, then make a template. Edit template then upload to UP. Make any needed adjustments and refresh/reupload. Continue til done. Upload to a web server and apply in world.

Why you have such an issue with SexyOne, I have no clue. She made an easy to use page that makes editing simple. I made a custom chair in a matter of minutes, when it would have took well over an hour the traditional way. Of course I guess drama is more fun, but I'll stick with utilizing tools made for the community.

If you want to campaign for prop maps to be provided, feel free, but leave others out of it when you do. As for me, I now have a lamborguini I have to retexture out of principal. Later peeps.
"The intelligent man who is proud of his intelligence is like the condemned man who is proud of his large cell"
klasscdame
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 9:46:51 AM(UTC)

Medals:
As promised though a bit of tweaking is still needed when I get some more time

and

[imghttp://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/klasscdame/barwork/test/chablis2.png][/img]

and because it was needed

Deb

Klasscy's Nursery Hub

klasscdame
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 09, 2010 9:49:00 AM(UTC)

Medals:
the Chablis

Deb

Klasscy's Nursery Hub

LordArtanis
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2010 12:24:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
ok so yea im like new to this editing crap on here..so if anyone can tell me step by step on how to make my own stuff please add me and please send me an email...i could use all the help i can get...am getting ready to open up a club here real soon
Kyra_VA
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:42:18 AM(UTC)

Bad_Timmy wrote:
Quote:

As I said earlier, I HAVE THEM ALL, I am willing to freely share them with the design community, just pop me an rlc mail to my user id KyraLynn_LoD_CTN with your email address and I'll send the zip file.

I have started a photobucket group with some of them there, however it is taking a bit to uploade them all.