Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Making a hot tub
kitty_purrs
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 06, 2010 8:14:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Looking for the best and easiest way to design and built a hot tub with water in it.. Any suggestions???

Thanks,
kitty
Madam_B_SAS
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 06, 2010 10:15:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I have done hundreds of hot tubs in all kind of styles and locations. There are pictures of some of them on my profile. I have water textures that you are welcome to have. If you would like to look me up in world, I would be happy to show you several types. I found that in the entrance room on the side steps by the fireplace is a good location. Also angler ones are good to conserve space and round or square ones you can put anywhere. Which style or design are you looking for as they are all fairly easy. Walls and candles textured will build most of them and a wall with translucent water texture can be shaped to fit. Also the waterfall can be textured thru *sprite* to fit your decor. Hope this helps
B
tayls_
#3 Posted : Friday, April 02, 2010 12:01:03 PM(UTC)

Madam_B_SAS wrote:
Also angler ones are good to conserve space and round or square ones you can put anywhere. Which style or design are you looking for as they are all fairly easy. Walls and candles textured will build most of them and a wall with translucent water texture can be shaped to fit. Also the waterfall can be textured thru *sprite* to fit your decor. Hope this helps
B

i am attempting a round hot tub, but how to get round water? been trying to apply animated textures to round objects, but they don't seem to accept this Sad

added:

found a fairly simple solution that doesn't look too bad. airport table scaled to fit inside the round space. add some smoke (cum works best for smoke) and bubble emitters, and the result isn't bad at all.

DFWMALE2010
#4 Posted : Friday, April 02, 2010 12:23:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
how do you hadle the seating,iv tried a couple of ways not working out to well.
WEBSITE LINK FOR DALLAS NIGHTS
http://dallasnights.weebly.com/

HIT PROFILE LINK THEN CLICK ON ADD IN PROFILE FOR DIRECT TELEPORT TO COMPOUND

tayls_
#5 Posted : Friday, April 02, 2010 1:20:54 PM(UTC)

DFWMALE2010 wrote:

vancouver bench... shrink it in width and make it a 1 person seat or you end up sitting on another person's lap if it's 2 person, then clone it for as many seats as you need.

watch the rotation though, best to sit in each one to make sure you're facing into the tub, and not out Smile

The_Wraith
#6 Posted : Friday, April 02, 2010 3:36:40 PM(UTC)

Medals:
fantasy_tayls wrote:
Madam_B_SAS wrote:
Also angler ones are good to conserve space and round or square ones you can put anywhere. Which style or design are you looking for as they are all fairly easy. Walls and candles textured will build most of them and a wall with translucent water texture can be shaped to fit. Also the waterfall can be textured thru *sprite* to fit your decor. Hope this helps
B

i am attempting a round hot tub, but how to get round water? been trying to apply animated textures to round objects, but they don't seem to accept this Sad

added:

found a fairly simple solution that doesn't look too bad. airport table scaled to fit inside the round space. add some smoke (cum works best for smoke) and bubble emitters, and the result isn't bad at all.

Put this texture on a sign 01 and add the Texture Translucent option in the state tab. I usually use the Texture Unit option also. makes the water brighter.

Click banner to go to site.
Donations are always welcome :-)
The_Wraith
#7 Posted : Friday, April 02, 2010 3:38:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
DFWMALE2010 wrote:

I usually use the wodden bench for seating in a hottub. Change the Y on scale till its almost flat and scale it to fit the side it's on. Then go back and use a hotel chair for your seat script. Clone the chair for all the spots you want to be able to sit in and then make the hotel chairs invisible under the state tab.

Click banner to go to site.
Donations are always welcome :-)
tayls_
#8 Posted : Friday, April 02, 2010 5:01:30 PM(UTC)

The_Wraith wrote:

Put this texture on a sign 01 and add the Texture Translucent option in the state tab. I usually use the Texture Unit option also. makes the water brighter.

thank you very much Smile
Mistress_Sara__
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 04, 2010 9:31:36 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thnx Wraith, grabbed a copy ......... lol
DFWMALE2010
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 4:54:53 AM(UTC)

Medals:
i recently rented an office space with an exsisting hot tub, its actualy club 6...any way every time I try and get the seating in this exsisting hot tub to work it fails i have set up chairs outside they work fine i slide them into the tub and they wont come up with the sit icon,if there below the exsisting water level. any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.
DFW
WEBSITE LINK FOR DALLAS NIGHTS
http://dallasnights.weebly.com/

HIT PROFILE LINK THEN CLICK ON ADD IN PROFILE FOR DIRECT TELEPORT TO COMPOUND

The_Black_Rieder
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 9:18:02 AM(UTC)

DFWMALE2010 wrote:
i recently rented an office space with an exsisting hot tub, its actualy club 6...any way every time I try and get the seating in this exsisting hot tub to work it fails i have set up chairs outside they work fine i slide them into the tub and they wont come up with the sit icon,if there below the exsisting water level. any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.
DFW

The invisible barstool3 trick. Set them up in position over any seating you want on view or just the barstools if you can`t see any other seating. Whichever way only the barstool3 is set to the chair scripts, chair1 if on a solid hardcoded floor UV put in or chair2 using 175 in the first field and 0 in the second if its a raised platform. When all is set up and tested you make the barstool3 invisible.

Opposite a bar you put a plane_01 (the red one) near where you want the feet to go. Just a little square shaped plane big enought to put your feet on. Move the Plane_01 up and down to suit till its right then make it invisible. The barstool3 remains visible in this one though.

Sam
_Tom3400_
#12 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 2:17:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Not one post in this section explains how to build a hot tub!
>Sad
The_Black_Rieder
#13 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 2:31:58 AM(UTC)

Tom3400_KMA wrote:
Not one post in this section explains how to build a hot tub!
>Sad

The person who originally asked the question was loosely told how to achieve it and offered the chance to meet someone inworld to discuss it and see a few versions. Others then went on to discuss how best to put shaped water in and how to get around the seating problem. One even offered the round water texture. I guess reading is not your forte......

Their are also plenty of examples to be searched on if further information is necessary. As well as this instead of just having a go at people you could have simply asked for more detailed information. Your attitude will not help you in future posts.

Sam