Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Co-ordinates for moving outside zaby
Mrs_ShizukaAntho
#1 Posted : Friday, May 07, 2010 2:00:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I've been reading through the stickies and forum posts and finally figured out how to create a port to move outside of my basic zaby. I did it by plugging in a set of XYZ coordinates suggested in one of the older posts and that worked great.

However, the place i was sent to is sort of the edge of an empty town with tall buildings so I can't really build anything cuz there isn't much space unless i start falling off the edge Sad

I know sometimes ppl can port to the top of a building which is a set size but at least it doesn't have stuff blocking your way. How do you figure out what XYZ coordinates those are for that area.....or really any other area i might want to build on?

thank you in advance for any help! Grin

Mrs_ShizukaAntho
#2 Posted : Friday, May 07, 2010 2:17:19 AM(UTC)

Medals:
actually i just got an answer from a friend ... apparently we plug in 3500 in the Y coordinates but keep same XZ?

sort of as a related question then, if i'm building on land underneath my zaby (where all the buildings are) instead of on the roof, is there some way to create a platform to stretch out the ground so that i have more area to build on instead of falling? Or alternatively, can we make the buildings invisible when I create the sky sphere?

thank you!!

Monaro66
#3 Posted : Friday, May 07, 2010 2:49:34 AM(UTC)

Medals:
heya shizuka.....

ok first hint if you are going to build outside a zaby...set fly in permissions and you can go anywhere.....

once you are flying around to work out what xyz parameters to use for a rooftop or anywhere else just hit f2 and it is displayed in the bottom right hand corner of your screen...
second hint....even tho you can build outside rlc will not gaurantee it and one day they may change something and you may lose all deco out there

no you technically cannot make the buildings disappera altho you can deco around them or above them byt making your own floors etc...

good luck with it

cheers

with regards
monaro66
Allex_
#4 Posted : Friday, May 07, 2010 10:05:22 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Shizuka_Antho wrote:
actually i just got an answer from a friend ... apparently we plug in 3500 in the Y coordinates but keep same XZ?

sort of as a related question then, if i'm building on land underneath my zaby (where all the buildings are) instead of on the roof, is there some way to create a platform to stretch out the ground so that i have more area to build on instead of falling? Or alternatively, can we make the buildings invisible when I create the sky sphere?

thank you!!

hi baby will send you the co ordinates for you......................send you to the roof and then if you command fly in house rules you can set external planes etc to build

hugs and love baby

LOVE ALEX XXXXXXXXXXX

_CanadianCutie_
#5 Posted : Friday, May 07, 2010 11:23:14 AM(UTC)

Medals:
somewhere in the history of this forum - there are outdoor coordinates for the tops of all the buildings in the city outside - I believe they came from Southarnman (if it was someone else - sorry for the wrong credit)
You can build easily on top of the buildings and all though the city - he put together a complete list for each different style of zaby - very comprehensive.

I am actually looking for that thread myself - if i come across it - i will post the link here.

sue

edit - WOOT! found it

http://www.utherverse.co...aspx?g=posts&t=36426
Please contact CanadianCutie at my profile for Peer One Designs
When someone shows you who they are the first time - believe them!
litbit_more
#6 Posted : Friday, May 07, 2010 12:37:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
_CanadianCutie_ wrote:
somewhere in the history of this forum - there are outdoor coordinates for the tops of all the buildings in the city outside - I believe they came from Southarnman (if it was someone else - sorry for the wrong credit)
You can build easily on top of the buildings and all though the city - he put together a complete list for each different style of zaby - very comprehensive.

I am actually looking for that thread myself - if i come across it - i will post the link here.

sue

edit - WOOT! found it

http://www.utherverse.co...spx?g=posts&t=36426

WOOT! WOOT! I added that post to the super zaby list up top .....TY so much for posting the link to it ....on if you need to give it to someone you can find it in the sticky up top under teleporter stuff

much love
litbit
The_Black_Rieder
#7 Posted : Friday, May 07, 2010 7:39:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Just use a cube, its easy enough to see from a distance. Place it where you want to be and record the XYZ coordinates from the POS tab. Delete the cube or you`ll be stuck inside it. If its a skyscraper or similar place it so its partly inside the building and raise it on the Y axis of the POS Tab until its clear of the building roof.

At this point you know for sure its directly above that building and the coordinates should work. Stand in the direction you wish to be facing when on the building or at the area, press F2 and record the current YAW whilst in that position. You now have the required XYZ and YAW. Got to go, got another call from Star Trek asking for teleport advice.... Wink Grin Beam me up Scotty.

Sam
Don't be negative, you may be asked to leave
SkiBare
#8 Posted : Friday, May 07, 2010 8:44:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
A more versatile way to build outside is to go way outside.

use the big red plane prop. You can create it inside the zaby and then move its coordinates to X0 Y90000 Z0. Use a prop or trigger box to create a transport to the plane. Set the Move to Location script to X0 Y90600 Z0. The increase in the Y value is to make sure the avi lands on top of the plane, otherwise you will fall through. Enable Fly and voila'. Now you can build on as large of an area as you want and you are far enough away from the zaby that you don't get reduced FPS caused by all the junk that RLC puts in the physical zaby.

You can build other platforms by using X90000 Y0 Z0, etc. By separating the platforms you really increase the video performance since it is not trying to "see" everything at once.

Ski
Mrs_ShizukaAntho
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 08, 2010 8:50:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
You guys are all amazing - ty so much Grin Grin

I will try out all methods and see which is easiest lol ^^

_CanadianCutie_
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 09, 2010 3:31:25 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Just so that everyone knows - the post from Southarnman are the coordinates to the tops of ALL the buildings outside each zaby. You will notice there are different coodinates for each type of zaby - each basic is different.
Cheers and happy porting!

sue
Please contact CanadianCutie at my profile for Peer One Designs
When someone shows you who they are the first time - believe them!