Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Start Point Change
bandia
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2010 11:25:15 PM(UTC)

How do you change the start point location in a street or VWW or zaby space. One of the VWW properties had me defaulting in a pond. I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm hoping someone might be kind enough to provide a detailed tutorial.
Hollywood
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 12:35:38 AM(UTC)

Medals:
bandia wrote:
How do you change the start point location in a street or VWW or zaby space. One of the VWW properties had me defaulting in a pond. I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm hoping someone might be kind enough to provide a detailed tutorial.

Yeah, some of the start points are interesting to say the least. First, put your avatar exactly how you want people to land, rotation and all. Open up start point manager and create a new start point naming it whatever you wish. Then right click this start point and set as default. The icon should change color (don't remember what right off hand). You might also want to set this as your default landmark location as well so that landmarkers land there as well unless you prefer a different spot. Now test it and you should be set.

If you wish to change any of the start points locations in the future, you don't have to create a new one. Just stand your avi in the new spot and rotation, right click the start point and click (paraphrasing due to groggy memory and not being in world) "Set current Location" or something like that. It should resave the startpoint and any current links to that spot will be updated automatically.
"The intelligent man who is proud of his intelligence is like the condemned man who is proud of his large cell"
1 user thanked Hollywood for this useful post.
Vixen_VNM_SC on 11/18/2011(UTC)
bandia
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:00:12 AM(UTC)

Hollywood wrote:
bandia wrote:

Yeah, some of the start points are interesting to say the least. First, put your avatar exactly how you want people to land, rotation and all. Open up start point manager and create a new start point naming it whatever you wish. Then right click this start point and set as default. The icon should change color (don't remember what right off hand). You might also want to set this as your default landmark location as well so that landmarkers land there as well unless you prefer a different spot. Now test it and you should be set.

If you wish to change any of the start points locations in the future, you don't have to create a new one. Just stand your avi in the new spot and rotation, right click the start point and click (paraphrasing due to groggy memory and not being in world) "Set current Location" or something like that. It should resave the startpoint and any current links to that spot will be updated automatically.

As a landmark entry point it worked great that you. Now how do I get it to work with my door. I want the door in my City to make it go to the point I created. Is that possible?
bandia
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:04:33 AM(UTC)

bandia wrote:
Hollywood wrote:
bandia wrote:

Ok I figured it out! Smile Thank you so much.

As a landmark entry point it worked great that you. Now how do I get it to work with my door. I want the door in my City to make it go to the point I created. Is that possible?

Sexy
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:09:25 AM(UTC)

Location: In green country.... with allergies?? What was I thinking.......
Medals:
when scripting the door us the "owned start point" then click on the location you desire. **IF i remember correctly that is**

Sexy
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:10:36 AM(UTC)

Location: In green country.... with allergies?? What was I thinking.......
Medals:
nvm guess you got it Grin

bandia
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:44:29 AM(UTC)

Sexy wrote:
nvm guess you got it Grin

No you have to script the door to a VWW location and use the addy for that location. Took me a while but i figured it out.

Here is another question:

I have several businesses on the same street but when I exit the business to the street I would like to have each exit land in front of the business that I am exiting on the street. Is this possible?
Dark_Tonya_TS_MM
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 5:48:49 AM(UTC)

Yes just create the start point outside the door, name it fromsexshop or something, then on door on inside of the business use move to VWW location and enter the URL for street, and add #fromsexshop at the end of url, no spaces this will land you at the start point. hope this helpsSmile if not look me up inworld ill try to help you.
SaphyreRose
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:04:52 AM(UTC)

Medals:

Thanks for asking this - we've hand people landing in our stage for the longest time from some of our properties....now I finally know how to fix this
To bring your relationship issues to the forums? You may just as well skip along happily behind a Roman soldier to the Arena; tie about your neck a steak and lay next to the sleeping starving lion! You'd have better luck!~SR
See my WG profile click here!
Nightmare62
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:22:16 AM(UTC)

If you own all the locations you just click on moved to owned start point then to the property you want to port to there will be a drop down with all your start points you have created on that property.just select the one you want to land at!
to creat a start point just stand where you want to land and click on "creat start point and name it what you want.you can make as many as you want to. to make it your default landing spot just right click one of your start points and click "make default" to make a start point a landing spot for landmarks you right click it and select default landmark.
Code:
[img]http://images.hookermarble.net/BS_1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://banner.1and1.com/xml/banner?size=3%26%number=1[/img]
1&1 WEB HOSTING
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code
bandia
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:19:53 PM(UTC)

Dark_Tonya_TS_MM wrote:
Yes just create the start point outside the door, name it fromsexshop or something, then on door on inside of the business use move to VWW location and enter the URL for street, and add #fromsexshop at the end of url, no spaces this will land you at the start point. hope this helpsSmile if not look me up inworld ill try to help you.

Not sure what you mean here do I literally add "#name of point" to the string or "/#nameofpoint" .

There are 2 choices "Set default" and "Set landmark" which one default?
bandia
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:22:54 PM(UTC)

bandia wrote:
Dark_Tonya_TS_MM wrote:

Not sure what you mean here do I literally add "#name of point" to the string or "/#nameofpoint" .

There are 2 choices "Set default" and "Set landmark" which one default?

LOL OK I got it. for anyone else it was "Set Default" and no "/" in the addy.