Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
your own textures on world props
johnnie__007
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:38:13 PM(UTC)

Medals:
HI rlc peeps
can someone help me workout how to add my own textures to the world props like walls and floors?
it wud help cut out alot of props that we use already
thankyou
Wink
johnnie
tayls_
#2 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 1:50:46 AM(UTC)

johnnie__007 wrote:
HI rlc peeps
can someone help me workout how to add my own textures to the world props like walls and floors?
thankyou
Wink
johnnie

you can't.. you can only apply custom textures to props, not to anything static in utherverse... for that you must rely on the textures in the world texture editor.
Sal_FFS_MM_SUN
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 10:34:12 AM(UTC)

Medals:
tayls_ wrote:
johnnie__007 wrote:
HI rlc peeps
thankyou
Wink
johnnie

you can't.. you can only apply custom textures to props, not to anything static in utherverse... for that you must rely on the textures in the world texture editor.

There is a category in the world texture library called "user uploaded" though...was wondering how that worked myself...I guess from your response tayls that it doesn't lol!
tayls_
#4 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 7:50:42 AM(UTC)

Salubrius_SUN wrote:

There is a category in the world texture library called "user uploaded" though...was wondering how that worked myself...I guess from your response tayls that it doesn't lol!

ya, it's like a carrot dangled in front of the donkeys nose... tempting, but we can't use it Sad
MariposaMary1975
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:39:16 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Shocked You can change the textures of the props? That would help me out A LOTTTT!!! Do you think that you could help me to learn how to change the texture of, let's say, my sofe?Dancing
tayls_
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 4:01:25 AM(UTC)

MariposaMary1975 wrote:
Shocked You can change the textures of the props? That would help me out A LOTTTT!!! Do you think that you could help me to learn how to change the texture of, let's say, my sofe?Dancing

there are two ways, one way is to find the map of it, and texture all the parts to suit.

the easier way is to find an image you like, make sure it's scaled to a power of 2 (like 512x512, or 256x512... something along those lines), upload it to a file storage place like photobucket.

then, have your photobucket album open. when you hover your mouse over the picture you use, the options will expand. click on 'direct link' and it's copied to your clipboard automtically.

on the prop you're editing in world, go to script tab, find 'cached web image' and select it. then in the text entry field, press 'ctrl-v' to paste it. save the prop, and it's retextured Smile

the edited map is placed on the prop in the same manner, but you will need something like gimp or paint.net or photoshop to work with it.
MariposaMary1975
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:47:35 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Wow...I guess I should have thought about the script thing...hehehe. Could you elaborate a bit on how I would find the map like if I wanted to change just the mattress portion of my bed? Thank you so much darlin!!!
tayls_
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:53:35 AM(UTC)

MariposaMary1975 wrote:
Wow...I guess I should have thought about the script thing...hehehe. Could you elaborate a bit on how I would find the map like if I wanted to change just the mattress portion of my bed? Thank you so much darlin!!!

go here:

uthermaps

there are a ton of maps there, however that's not all that are available.

you can also check here:

prop maps thread

some very nice work by some very talented people in that thread Smile
MariposaMary1975
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:58:41 AM(UTC)

Medals:
You are a dear!!! Thank you sooo much!!!
tayls_
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:00:19 AM(UTC)

MariposaMary1975 wrote:
You are a dear!!! Thank you sooo much!!!

any time, happy to help Smile

btw, if you can't find the map for the prop in either of those places, just ask in that thread. if it's available, someone will have it. wraith seems to have most of the ones that are possible to get Smile