Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3D client can't connect!
Doc2U
#1 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 7:43:37 PM(UTC)

I've been away from Utherverse for a couple of years and thought I would stop by and see how things were going. I can still log into the web site and see that my old profile is still present. I'm no longer a VIP member and was hoping to check things out before paying again.

Unfortunately I cannot log in with the 3D client. It just hangs at "connecting" and nothing ever happens. It says it's "up to date" with all patches, but it's a NO GO.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit, previously was running XP when I was on a couple of years ago. Even if I turn off firewalls, it's no go.

Any ideas? I see where some have suggested removing all USB connections but that is simply not realistic. I have UPS and other devices that must run all the time. They were running as well before with no problems.

Any ideas would certainly be appreciated. Thanks!!
Revan_Bloodwyn
#2 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 7:46:27 PM(UTC)

Location: DECLARED EVIL BY THE HYPOCRITICAL AOG - BOW BISHES AND FEED ME TACO'S
Your timing to come back was impecable. There was a massive shut down of the server for a few hours - its slowly coming back up.

_Absinthia_
#3 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 7:47:22 PM(UTC)

Medals:
You just happened to choose a bad day to come back on, it's not your end, it's RLC having issues, as far as I know RLC has been down for hours, and will be shaky for a bit longer, so, try again tomorrow( if you don't want to wait it out tonight)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.

I Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Quote:
Exercise is a dirty word - Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.-Lucy Van Pelt

Doc2U
#4 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 8:35:40 PM(UTC)

I appreciate the fact I have good timing!! But, I've been trying for a couple of days to get the 3D client to work and think it's more than just the site having problems. Nevertheless, I'll keep trying.

Some things have not changed, I see. Would have hoped these bugs were worked out by now . . . . a few years later and STILL the site is crashing? Not what I had hoped for . . . Oh well.

I'll give it a couple of more days . . .
Dial_Tone
#5 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 8:38:36 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The site has not crashed. The site is working as it should be. The problem was due to an issue with a major Internet Service Provider and not directly related to Utherverse.
"The cavalry ain't comin' until the man with the radio tells 'em to." - Dial Tone

Send Profile Message

1 user thanked Dial_Tone for this useful post.
Cretox on 3/19/2012(UTC)
FA_Shannoy_FSW
#6 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 8:44:52 PM(UTC)

Medals:
utherverse tech feed at twitter
This helps at least a bit to be updated if these things occur Wink
"I agree with no one's opinion. I have some of my own."
CarmelPocahontas
#7 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 9:00:02 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Doc2u I am having the same issue sense yesterday. Everything is updated. I was running XP now I am running Vista. I too was on here a couple years ago ,and decided to return from a 4 year run around the globe. Hope we can get this fix,because I would really would like to play again.
iebee
#8 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 11:34:06 PM(UTC)

Medals:
did u try to erase the client and install it again..that mostly solves all issuesSmile
Rosie65_LnL_GJMC
#9 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2012 11:49:00 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Try disabling your anti-virus program...I can't enter RLC with mine on.
Whatever you give a woman, she will make greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of shit.
DarkLadyJADE
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:03:54 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Mystrose65_LnL Go to Quoted Post
Try disabling your anti-virus program...I can't enter RLC with mine on.

Disabling AV System is not a good idea, when Utherverse does not block viruses. For example, someone's property could have an third party active link that will have a virus link with it. Or looking one's profile will have a virus link on it, do to the place a sticker on there from a third party site. But then, even fron Utherverse's advertisers, also have cookie virues.

Note most are harmless, but annoying and can creat lag on your computer, but there are a few that are not. Good thing I use a good AV System.

http://www.utherverse.com/Jades_Dark_World
__LEVI__
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:48:22 AM(UTC)

Location: Between heaven and hell... ....In my own happy place
Originally Posted by: Doc2U Go to Quoted Post
I've been away from Utherverse for a couple of years and thought I would stop by and see how things were going. I can still log into the web site and see that my old profile is still present. I'm no longer a VIP member and was hoping to check things out before paying again.

Unfortunately I cannot log in with the 3D client. It just hangs at "connecting" and nothing ever happens. It says it's "up to date" with all patches, but it's a NO GO.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit, previously was running XP when I was on a couple of years ago. Even if I turn off firewalls, it's no go.

Any ideas? I see where some have suggested removing all USB connections but that is simply not realistic. I have UPS and other devices that must run all the time. They were running as well before with no problems.

Any ideas would certainly be appreciated. Thanks!!

What USB devices do you have connected to your computer?

Keyboards and mice should be no problem, a external hard dirve seems to cause problem. Yes ran the clients years ago with two externals, now today it stops at connecting with them plugged in.

Masturbation is a form of stress relief. So go fuck yourself and calm down.

Doc2U
#12 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:31:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: __LEVI__ Go to Quoted Post
What USB devices do you have connected to your computer?

A UPS and USB modem. The modem just logs my calls. I also have an external USB hard drive but that's not connected. The 3D client freezes at "connecting" with the top blue bar about half-way across and the bottom one about 1/10 or less. I've removed all the USB devices and it makes no difference. I have a completely NEW install of the 3D client from when I was on a couple of years ago.

Someone suggested disabling my anti-virus. I DON'T THINK SO! I suppose I could as a test but if that is what is required, someone has serious issues with coding.

Seriously, this site was constantly crashing over 2 years ago and now it seems it's even more unstable. Time for a revamp. But I digress.

I have another computer running 64 bit Win 7. I think I will try and install the client on that one and see what happens.

...........Bob
Doc2U
#13 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:11:35 PM(UTC)

Well I'll BE!!

The 64 bit WIN7 computer worked just fine! I'm using the same virus program on both computers with Windows Firewall as well, so neither of those should be the issue. Going to do some experimenting in order to find the issue. I DO have some other USB connections for some other things, so will check those out now.

I'll report back what I find out.

............Bob