Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
2 Pages12>
Create Custom Bot
_Oreo_
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 1:34:22 PM(UTC)

Medals:
The Command "Create Custom Bot" is the most interesting change to RLC ive seen in 2 years. When it was first explained to me, I went out and purchased BAtman and IRonman outfits.... just for my Custom Bots.

Today... The "Create Custom Bot" option is gone.

I would like to know WHY, and when it will return?

If it is truly gone, then really we cant count on anything around here. After waiting so long for a positive development, RLC took it back for themselfs.

There is no reason for that command to be removed. I would debate with anyone the merits of this command being in everyones hands. And I am clothing designer. This command alone will sell more Superman outfits than all the SUPERMEN in RLC would buy combined. (lol) okay... and Wonderwoman too.

This is good for the clothing designers, good for RLC, good for the decorators.... good for everyone.

I sure hope this is a temporary error.

Any information would be appreciated.

_Oreo_
2 users thanked _Oreo_ for this useful post.
NICODEMUS_Y2K on 8/13/2011(UTC), Master_ND_PDP on 8/22/2011(UTC)
Scr_karenWFF_KMT
#2 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 2:15:07 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello Oreo

The addition to the prop edit page, for Create Custom Bot, was a mistake. In that the coding was never intended for general release.

You can however purchase this option through business@utherverse.com

Regards Karen
bad_mf_NFD
#3 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 3:52:41 PM(UTC)

Medals:
thats not true they only supply sex bots and are not customisable so useless to designers decorators etc unless you want a bot brothel its useless
Originally Posted by: Bad_Timmy Go to Quoted Post
*snickers* Oh boy, you ARE a bad mf, bad_mf...

*watches cats running all around the yard with empty bag on porch*

ANGEL_JESS_AOG
#4 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 9:46:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Embarassed That totally sucks bout taking the custom bot away my friend passed away in here and i wanted to do a bot resembling her as a rememberance. We were good friends in here and now i cant that sucks. Utherverse is gettin worse than better. They could of least tell everyone that they r doin that. Whats next u cant heave sex or something
EagleG_RS
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:48:19 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: _Oreo_ Go to Quoted Post
The Command "Create Custom Bot" is the most interesting change to RLC ive seen in 2 years. When it was first explained to me, I went out and purchased BAtman and IRonman outfits.... just for my Custom Bots.

Today... The "Create Custom Bot" option is gone.

I would like to know WHY, and when it will return?

If it is truly gone, then really we cant count on anything around here. After waiting so long for a positive development, RLC took it back for themselfs.

There is no reason for that command to be removed. I would debate with anyone the merits of this command being in everyones hands. And I am clothing designer. This command alone will sell more Superman outfits than all the SUPERMEN in RLC would buy combined. (lol) okay... and Wonderwoman too.

This is good for the clothing designers, good for RLC, good for the decorators.... good for everyone.

It's not mistake, it's about greed, why to give something great to community if you can charge it. Whats next?? charging for virtual air to breath our avis??? Same is about sex robots, same was about removing pole dance script, same is about swimming script, same is about (we still dont have regural) stairs script in prop editor. I am in RLC from his very starts, for 4 years and I really think seriously to leave all my biz and move. Why??? because I survived in RLC hundreds of destruction pathes, which cost me lots of money why i wasn't able to even log for days. I still wait and hope something will change, something will come to better, and lets say I am totally dissopointed. Nobody (I will repeat) NOBODY care about that, or to refund there own mistakes EVER!!! I brought in RLC dozens of friends, I tried to improve all this community with everything I could. For what? To be charged for every single thing. Do you think we are dummies? I heard many speaches on RLC convention about buisness opportunities. Gentleman from RLC, you are choking everything about development of this world. To be honest with you, my friend list is half empty from last year, you know why? because people leaving to SL, think about that one more time before you make more mistakes.

If you want to improve this world, start with UVC which is present 8 months and still is full of bugs and not user friendly. You are adding new meshes, but old one works badly. I am designer and I know how is to use it. Some meshes are not usefull bcs they are hollow, its total mess. Fix it! You are not doing that for free, you charge every uploading with 1r. I leave in RLC 2000r monthly and I still suffer every single thing I try to do. Not to mention we don't have even option to redraw money, alertpay not working at all at this moment. It just work one way, when we got to give money. Is that a buisness gentleman? I dont think so.

P.S. if you don't like what I wrote just erase my post. have a great day all.
UVDeviant Catalogue (Gs Fashion Designs)
Gs Fashion Designs World vww://utherverse.vww/@744/gsworld
Gs Fashion Designs Fashion Fortress vww://utherverse.vww/@744/@fashionfortress
Rock Star (Hard Rock Club) powered by Gs Fashion Designs vww://utherverse.vww/@744/rockstar
1 user thanked EagleG_RS for this useful post.
MrsTLdarkechylde on 8/16/2011(UTC)
Scr_karenWFF_KMT
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 2:41:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: bad_mf_NFD Go to Quoted Post
thats not true they only supply sex bots and are not customisable so useless to designers decorators etc unless you want a bot brothel its useless

Good point, Bad Wink Thanks

A sex bot with no cloths does not sell them Grin

Though the fact that they released the Custom Bot scrip, and did not intend doing that, still stands.

I asked myself the question "Why would they release a scrip that undermind there own business plan, it never made sense to me Cheesy

Regards Karen
Johnboy67
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:19:54 AM(UTC)

Not sure why it's gone.. In a patch update thread from staff, it looked like it was finally here to stay like poles should be..
http://forums.utherverse...ht---ver-1-09-3990.aspx

Originally Posted by: Shane Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone,

There will be a Production Patch issued along with the maintenance window tonight. It is version 10.9.3990

Here are the notable changes:

- Issue with Private Messages not re-opening after being closed, if a new message is sent has been fixed.
- Prop Editor has been altered. Scripts are now separated between VIP and Basic. Here is the list of the script changes:

Basic

PlaySound
RotateObjectCCW
StrobeLight
RotateObjectCW
MoveToLocation
MoveToWelcome
StrobeLightRandomColors
MoveToRegionPublicScript
Chair2SeatScript
MoveToOwnerInstance
CachedWebLoadImage
Chair1SeatScript
MoveToStartRegion
CreateLightArea
Dance

VIP

AttachAnimatedTexture
AddFlashControl
CreateLight
DanceErotic
DoorRotateOpen
CreateCustomBot
EatPill
PlayMusicScript
AttachEmitter
AttachURL
CachedWebLoadToWebClickImage
StartMassageSequence
DanceCountry
AttachSprite
StartSexSequence

Please let us know of any feedback, or any problems spotted here in this thread, or in a Tech Support ticket through http://Support.Utherverse.com

Thanks,
-Shane
Christine_x
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:24:07 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Looks like Shane had a glitch too Smile
Jieling
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:35:45 AM(UTC)

Medals:
It really sucks that they took this away ... I liked 'Raoul' my pool boy ... he was dumb as rocks and I couldn't understand a word he said, but gosh who cares when he was so, uhm ... 'handy' ... to have around the house ... Wink

"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous." - Coco Chanel

Mz_Mayhem_MM_SOL
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 11:30:12 AM(UTC)

Medals:
this reminds me of the dance pole script nightmare last year cause rude had rights to the script they were only allowed to have it but those who created poles with that script still have them so if have a bot DONT delete and DONT try to edit it i still have mine and can copy just i went to edit and now i can get the edit option back for the closet glad i still have a few in my clone properties

Jessie_L_Lynn_SL
#11 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 12:16:42 PM(UTC)

Medals:
If they were so worried about losing money because people could make sex bots with the Create Custom Bots script all they would have had to do would either take away the "Get Naked Option" in the clothes closet or prevent the "Sex" options. The custom bots were handy for a lot of other things.
Mistress_Sara__
#12 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 12:53:21 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I made a couple custom bots, cloned myself, hehe. Can't do so much with them
now, cant even move them ..... Anyone have an idea ? It's ok if they stay as is,
just wondering ...

Sara
_Cara_
#13 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 1:12:11 PM(UTC)

im sure many if not all would even pay a small fee to have a bot u can dress and clone in shop .. its the perfect selling tool for all designers

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY VIDEO

_Aviva_ wrote:

Either you can be part of the solution, or you can go around creating problems where they don't exist to suit your own miserable agenda.
1 user thanked _Cara_ for this useful post.
Kyra_VA on 8/14/2011(UTC)
Kyra_VA
#14 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:18:40 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _Cara_ Go to Quoted Post
im sure many if not all would even pay a small fee to have a bot u can dress and clone in shop .. its the perfect selling tool for all designers

Totally Cara, I love the idea of being able to use a bot for displays instead of the mannequin
KiwiButterfly
#15 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:43:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Mistress_Sara_ Go to Quoted Post
now, cant even move them ..... Anyone have an idea ? It's ok if they stay as is,
just wondering ...

Sara

For Sara: If you look at ur prop editor list, find the human male/female you want to work with, and get them highlighted in green (making sure the prop isn't invisible) you can use the XYZ to place them where u want them. Then right click the avatar and find the Edit Bot. Just make sure to make the human male/female invisible again Smile. Hope that was helpful.

Re Post: This was the best script ever put out! I couldn't understand why it had gone 'til i read the buy/rent a bot notice. I thought it was the next big thing, esp for VWW. It totally makes a difference seeing a designer's outfit on a bot then on a manniquin. It makes a difference to be able to put customized bots in properties, esp businesses and venues. My friends and I have been having a lot of fun dancing with the bots in my venues when we want to get away from the lag and other nonsense in other places.

So please RLC/Utherverse/VWW bring it back, your slogan is "expanding your fantasy", these bots certainly expanded mine! and others. So bring the script back please!
wetsatin
#16 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:40:22 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Mz_Mayhem_MM_SOL Go to Quoted Post
this reminds me of the dance pole script nightmare last year cause rude had rights to the script they were only allowed to have it but those who created poles with that script still have them so if have a bot DONT delete and DONT try to edit it i still have mine and can copy just i went to edit and now i can get the edit option back for the closet glad i still have a few in my clone properties

RLC makes money out of selling those bots for vwws and zabys. It was just a matter of time before they realized their mistake and removed it so yeah, if you created some, don't delete them! At the moment, you can still sell layouts with those created bots in them I think. I'm pretty sure, RLC would like to shut down that loophole too if they figure a way to do it.
Come visit us at vww://utherverse.vww/@919/@116429
Click here for Satin's Full Catalogue!

Satin & k believe in making only outfits that are distinctive and unique. From armor to open toe fetish boots, you will not only find outfits and textures of exceptional quality and detailing, but also outfits that will set you apart, letting you stand out from the crowd, enhancing your experience in RLC.

Because of this, we are extremely careful about what we make and how we make them. Satin & k will not make just any outfit, especially if the design is too plain, or the texture too bland. If a design does not excite us, we will not make it. If the final product won't look realistic, we will not make it. If the texture work does not challenge us, we will not make it. If an outfit will not stun the people around you when you wear it, we will not make it. Our aim is to put a "wow" on your lips, the very first time you put on a Satin & k original.

We believe in and strive only for quality and take extreme pride in our work. Each and every outfit is created with the utmost care and dedication, taking days and sometimes weeks just to get the detailing just right. This is done to ensure that when you own a Satin & k original, it is something you will cherish, admire and enjoy for a long time to come.

Artfully yours,
Satin - Proudly designing for the RLC community since June 2008

Textures Copyright © 2008 All Rights Reserved
| M'lady's Ye Olde Arms 'n Armour Shoppe | M'lord's Ye Olde Arms 'n Armour Shoppe | Skin Tight Bodysuit Collection | Silk 'n Satin Pleasures Collection | Party Girl Collection |
| The Hint of Flesh Collection | Exotically Ethnic Collection | Simply Skimpy Swimwear Collection | Locked in Love Bondage Collection |
Addamant
#17 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 8:49:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: wetsatin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mz_Mayhem_MM_SOL Go to Quoted Post

RLC makes money out of selling those bots for vwws and zabys. It was just a matter of time before they realized their mistake and removed it so yeah, if you created some, don't delete them! At the moment, you can still sell layouts with those created bots in them I think. I'm pretty sure, RLC would like to shut down that loophole too if they figure a way to do it.

I deleted all my mannequins and put the bots in. There a god send i hope thay dont take a way these some how so easy to put clothes on no more caching manis and lining em up. I did save my layout also good for when u get lonely in the store i can salsa Grin with them
KalaBelle
#18 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 12:17:59 AM(UTC)

Pray Pray Pray PLEASEPray Pray Pray bring back the create custom bot to Prop Edit. I know these designers were so happy it was there. It is awesome. I have placed 12 in one area and no lag. Why 12? IDK i just did. This tool was a godsend and RLC couldn't stand the fact they weren't making money on it. Why cant the people that pay 20 to 30 dollars a month be happy. geez. I know a customer who wanted the bots in her shop. I was going to do it but damn it you guys took it away. Glitch my ass. You realized it would make you more money so you took it away. Please it isn't exclusive to any one area of Utherverse can we PLEASE have them back?

I'll bake you a cake in your honor if you do? come on.. Coconut or Chocolate cake.. I can do both right now.Grin

Hugs,
Mrs_ScorpionKingSmile

"Light travels faster than sound thats why some people appear smart untill they speak" Smile
1 user thanked KalaBelle for this useful post.
Addamant on 8/16/2011(UTC)
Dargost_Drake
#19 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 1:57:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Sabrina_GTG
#20 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 2:33:09 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sara_loco Go to Quoted Post
just wondering ...

Sara

Sara, go to the position you want the bot in and use F2 to mark the location. Then click on your bot and enter the X and Z coordinates. When you release the bot it will snap to where you were. Then just adjust the rotation to face it the way you want.
F1_Racer
#21 Posted : Saturday, August 27, 2011 7:32:47 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I have a salsa club would like to know if you could create a custom bot for dancing only. I don't want a sex bot. I have a few shy folks that come to the club alone and would like to dance.

tumblr profile

Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.
Sabrina_GTG
#22 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 7:45:21 AM(UTC)

Medals:
The custom bots are set to be either naked or not. If they are not (was your choice) then all they could do in a club with no beds is dance. Works very well in mine. Alas, you can not make the custom bots anymore though.
Jocelyn
#23 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 1:23:43 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Has anyone else noticed that no working girls or guys have spoken out against the removal of the custom bot script? Cheesy i think it is a move by the powerful secret prostitution lobby that demanded the bots be removed! Smile

That is my conspiracy theory of the day! Tongue

So many people were saying how useful they were for designing clothes and decorating fixtures, but we know what they were for Smile to say otherwise is like saying the internet is for historical research!

Just kidding Smile. I still have some in zaby's and they are wonderful tools for research! Smile
Would you like to see the places where I live? Nelson Street Smile

Nelson Street: vww://utherverse.vww/@18784/@207272#enter street
The Bridge: vww://utherverse.vww/@385889#lift

I refer to myself as 'rotic', which is romantic without a man" - JocelynMarie
1 user thanked Jocelyn for this useful post.
Ivan_Samuels on 8/29/2011(UTC)
Ivan_Samuels
#24 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 2:06:19 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: JocelynMarie Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone else noticed that no working girls or guys have spoken out against the removal of the custom bot script? Cheesy i think it is a move by the powerful secret prostitution lobby that demanded the bots be removed! Smile

That is my conspiracy theory of the day! Tongue

So many people were saying how useful they were for designing clothes and decorating fixtures, but we know what they were for Smile to say otherwise is like saying the internet is for historical research!

Just kidding Smile. I still have some in zaby's and they are wonderful tools for research! Smile

JM we all know it was Claude behind the removal of the bots. A confidential informant told me that Claude was out one night looking for a "date" and came across one of these bots. Since the bots are unable to communicate and I'm sure Claude was, how you say, DRUNK ON HIS ARSE, he got upset and reported it to Brian. Wink
MuonGold
#25 Posted : Thursday, September 01, 2011 1:53:05 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Brian said in the last town hall meeting that they removed the bot script because it was poorly coded and people were able to set it up in a way that would crash the RLC client and prevent everyone including support from being able to enter the room.

Probably just a good excuse to give a purpose for the new "Licensed" Decorator program.

Brian also said the script will come back and be included in a licensed UV Decorator's portfolio. So, soon you should be able hire a licensed decorator to install a customizable bot for you.

But really?? Whats to prevent you from cloning the bot and creating the exact situation that Brian said they removed it for. Or just buying a layout from someone that already includes a bot.

I see no logic in any of this at all but thats how I understood it's going to work.
1 user thanked MuonGold for this useful post.
NICODEMUS_Y2K on 9/1/2011(UTC)