Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
3 Pages123>
BareSkins and UVC (Utherverse Clothing System)
Bad_Timmy
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:46:02 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Just a quick note to correct some misinformation I've seen the last 2 days from Cara (cough) and bi bi (cough hack)...

BareSkins currently has New Style avatar skins for sale in the UVC, for the last two weeks, and they are selling strongly. I'm spending a lot of time modifying textures to fit the New Style avatars and skins are being loaded regularly. You can find them at the "BareSkins" profile.

http://www.redlightcenter.com/net/profile/view_profile.aspx?MemberID=95446194

We already have the best Legacy skin, and now the best New Style skins are entering the market.

It's curious that out of the dozens of skin designers out there that the ladies both chose to name only Bareskins as "unfit" for the New Style avatar, and only FbX as fit for it. If Cara and bi bi choose not to wear a BareSkin, that is personal choice. But please don't spread misinformation about the BareSkins brand. It's a disservice to the 3000 customers who love their skins. And strikes the average person as rather petty. Particularly when many skins designed by associates and others affiliated with UVC are praised to high heavens despite being, frankly, horrendous.

As an aside.. At the present time I only wear FbX clothing on my new style female avi. Great stuff, Forbie!
bi_bi_love
#2 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 8:44:32 AM(UTC)

Location: FBOTA V6.66 - Please feel free to bypass my posts, I tend to ramble ;)
Originally Posted by: Bad_Timmy Go to Quoted Post
Just a quick note to correct some misinformation I've seen the last 2 days from Cara (cough) and bi bi (cough hack)...

Try not to choke on your ego there Timmy.
Which part of not HEARD OF or HAPPY TO BE CORRECTED did you not understand???
Before you come back, the correction was made in the thread, I do not take this thread as a correction, just your usual "promote yourself while putting others down".

Misinformation would be telling people you're not an idiot.
Originally Posted by: bi_bi_love Go to Quoted Post
<snip>
For Bareskins, I've not heard of Timmy uploading anything to UVC, at least in anger. SkiBare has uploaded some new style skins, so maybe drop her a line and see if she would be willing to help you out.
<snip>

Originally Posted by: bi_bi_love Go to Quoted Post

Thank you...but YIKES Shocked Shocked
I've never used UVD, don't even have an account, so anything I've written is based on what I've read here or others have told me.
Also a lot is based on MY (somewhat jaded of late) opinion, as Forbz points out, there are many using the new style. All new members default to it and not selling any (yet) I've no figures to go on.

With those provisos in mind, I'm happy for anyone to try and get something from it and equally happy for anyone to pull it apart and either correct me or add alternative views to it.

Qbag or cnenabvq
Vg vf nobhg lbh
Bad_Timmy
#3 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 2:41:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Then perhaps you shouldn't pass along things you "heard". That would be called gossip - a less than endearing character trait. You might also in the future take the 10 seconds to confirm things you "heard" before passing them along. One click on my profile would have told you you heard wrong.

But thanks for confirming for the general reading population that you have a personal dislike for me, which most likely jades your professionalism.

Oh... I heard bi bi feeds glass to her children for breakfast and Children's Services removed them from her home. Oh, but if I'm wrong, please correct me. (See? Note the "disclaimer"?) Rolleyes
bi_bi_love
#4 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:12:09 PM(UTC)

Location: FBOTA V6.66 - Please feel free to bypass my posts, I tend to ramble ;)
Then perhaps you shouldn't pass along things you "heard". That would be called gossip - a less than endearing character trait. You might also in the future take the 10 seconds to confirm things you "heard" before passing them along. One click on my profile would have told you you heard wrong.

But thanks for confirming for the general reading population that you have a personal dislike for me, which most likely jades your professionalism.

Oh... I heard bi bi feeds glass to her children for breakfast and Children's Services removed them from her home. Oh, but if I'm wrong, please correct me. (See? Note the "disclaimer"?) Rolleyes

Hmmmm...
Accusations of misinformation, gossip and unprofessionalism.

Of all people, even though I do personally dislike you (see? not afraid to admit it), I thought you would be one of the last to bring people's children into anything. If you REALLY want to see how much I dislike you, feel free to carry on.

I'll let everything we've both said stand or fall on it's own merits.

Qbag or cnenabvq
Vg vf nobhg lbh
_Cara_
#5 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:20:56 PM(UTC)

Sigh again someone who has no clue.

Only things I have said is what I have seen presented to ME by CUSTOMERS in the "flesh" so to speak. Have seen on more than one customer when they were wearing a bareskin and switched to new style a huge ugly gash in their neck. Call it false if you want timmy but denying the truth and hiding ur head in the sand doesnt make it untrue. I advised the customer to go to you or ski and see if you could fix it for them ... they came back saying was told it was a mesh issue and could not be fixed. Left them a very unhappy customer. Now if you have since then changed ur position and have fixed reg skins so they work in new style great for you I personally dont care .... but I would NOT lie about something I have seen myself and is NOT second hand info.

Dont bother to reply for my sake I have nothing further to say to you.

Only had to go back a few months to find the following which backs up COMPLETELY what I have said oh and who was it that said it first? Whistle Whistle

BareSkins with the New Style Avatar box checked look "ok" naked except the head is darker than the bodies. But clothed there's a big gash down the right side of the neck. The Secaucus Slasher no doubt. With the Old Style Avatar they look pretty good, except the waist seam across the back is jacked up. One of the problems is every designer is going to see different problems depending how they did the original textures outside the boundaries of the old map lines. Looks like a lot of work either way, especially since the new avatar requires 2 complete bodies.

EDIT.

This really is a mess. Some BareSkins look nearly perfect in both old and new, clothed and naked. Some have gashes, some have horrible waist seam problems. Some are ok in old, not new. Some ok in new, not old. Gah!

EDIT 2

On the male BareSkins, the New Style Avatar still has mismatched waist seam (bad across stomach) and the heels are gashed. I can fix the heels easy enough by filling in the background on the original textures; the waist seems to be a sizing issue.

Funny thing though. Yesterday the difference between old and new heads on the male BareSkins (ones I created on new meshes) was drastic. Looked great on New, mean and nasty on Old. Today, they are identical on both New and Old - and look as created. Oh. Except the hair is now on the back of the ears too. *sigh*

I wont bother to wait for an apology from you because I know that your not big on admitting your OWN mistakes.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY VIDEO

_Aviva_ wrote:

Either you can be part of the solution, or you can go around creating problems where they don't exist to suit your own miserable agenda.
1 user thanked _Cara_ for this useful post.
Angieq on 9/12/2011(UTC)
Bad_Timmy
#6 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:22:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
Accusations of misinformation, gossip and unprofessionalism.

Misinformation. The information you posted about BareSkins was wrong.

Gossip. You passed along stuff you "heard".

Unprofessionalism. Calling someone an "idiot" and "choking on their ego" in response to their correcting the wrong information.

Rand
#7 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:24:32 PM(UTC)

Tim, glad to hear you've got some New Style stuff up now. Because as we both know, the old Legacy bareskins just didn't transfer well to New Style. Not anybody's fault there btw, those skins were *made* for Legacy and simply didn't have a ton of blending around the edges that would allow an easy transfer to new style.

Just to confirm, since I seem to get asked way too often about skins...

If someone needs a New Style skin and wants Bareskin, do they need to purchase via UvC then? Or have the Legacy skins with the separate genitals piece (on UVD of course) been updated also to blend better for the New Style avi? Or is it safe to presume the New Style skins will also be available via UVD once they start supporting New Style stuff?

Just trying to make sure accurate info is being passed along to the buying public.

---Edit to add---

Oh, and one more that I've been asked more than once. Have you given any thought to giving current BS customers any sort of discount on an upgrade of their current skins so they can use what they love but use it on Legacy and New Style? Or is it not an upgrade situation, but a new purchase? Or would it be best to simply tell them to contact you directly, in case you don't want to make that kind of info public.

RaD Fashions for Men and Women
Store Location: vww://utherverse.vww/@64021/radfashions

RaD Main Catalog

Transgender Fashions from RaD

The Learning Zone is open ... and Free! Location: vww://utherverse.vww/@64021/tlz
Now Includes Blender Tutorials!
1 user thanked Rand for this useful post.
_Cara_ on 9/12/2011(UTC)
Bad_Timmy
#8 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:25:16 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
If someone needs a New Style skin and wants Bareskin, do they need to purchase via UvC then? Or have the Legacy skins with the separate genitals piece (on UVD of course) been updated also to blend better for the New Style avi? Or is it safe to presume the New Style skins will also be available via UVD once they start supporting New Style stuff?

New Style Bareskins are available via the BareSkins profile (and a few on mine) through the UVC (UCS) system, with more being added all the time. They'll be offered on UVD also when UVD supports them. Legacy style skins (600 options) continue to be available via UVD.
Rand
#9 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 3:31:58 PM(UTC)

Cool. Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

*makes a mental note or three*

RaD Fashions for Men and Women
Store Location: vww://utherverse.vww/@64021/radfashions

RaD Main Catalog

Transgender Fashions from RaD

The Learning Zone is open ... and Free! Location: vww://utherverse.vww/@64021/tlz
Now Includes Blender Tutorials!
Moon_Nine_OCFF
#10 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 6:53:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Then perhaps you shouldn't pass along things you "heard". That would be called gossip - a less than endearing character trait. <snip>

May I bring up the fact that "gossip" is how customers hear about our designs. "Where did you get that?" "Oh, I got it from so-and-so. He/she has the..."

If a customer has a problem, they are going to "gossip" about it, just as much (or more) as if it were something they liked.

Just saying...

Whistle
Bad_Timmy
#11 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 7:28:10 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
Only had to go back a few months to find the following which backs up COMPLETELY

A few months?? Oh ok, Cara. Sorry my bad. I didn't realize the world stopped a few months ago. A "few months" ago, there were no new style FbX skins published in UVC. A "few months" ago there were no new style BareSkins in UVC either. Both look great on the new avatars. A "few months" ago I had not yet published Legacy to NSA fixes for the entire Bareskin3 line. Bareskins has reworked its entire BareSkin3 line to address the RLC-created "neck gash" issue, and is working on the older model BareSkins as we speak. If you didn't notice, many of your favored designers' older legacy skins also show lots of flaws when the New Style option is clicked, and I've noticed many of the same designers publishing new model legacy skins to UVD that correct the issues.

Many of us waited to do repairs to our skins because we had hoped, apparently fruitlessly, that RLC would fix the crappy texture maps of the new style avatars before we started down the road of working with them.

Regardless.. dozens of skin designers are struggling with the same texture map issues as BareSkins, and almost none have moved ahead with Legacy to NSA UVC-published conversions. So give BareSkins some credit for doing so and addressing the issue rather than singling out BareSkins for your disapproval.

Angieq
#12 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 9:05:35 PM(UTC)

Location: USA..... ? Your closet! ......... LET ME OUT?!?!?!?! o(~.^)o
Medals:
Quote:
Only had to go back a few months to find the following which backs up COMPLETELY

A few months?? Oh ok, Cara. Sorry my bad. I didn't realize the world stopped a few months ago. A "few months" ago, there were no new style FbX skins published in UVC. A "few months" ago there were no new style BareSkins in UVC either. Both look great on the new avatars. A "few months" ago I had not yet published Legacy to NSA fixes for the entire Bareskin3 line. Bareskins has reworked its entire BareSkin3 line to address the RLC-created "neck gash" issue, and is working on the older model BareSkins as we speak. If you didn't notice, many of your favored designers' older legacy skins also show lots of flaws when the New Style option is clicked, and I've noticed many of the same designers publishing new model legacy skins to UVD that correct the issues.

Many of us waited to do repairs to our skins because we had hoped, apparently fruitlessly, that RLC would fix the crappy texture maps of the new style avatars before we started down the road of working with them.

Regardless.. dozens of skin designers are struggling with the same texture map issues as BareSkins, and almost none have moved ahead with Legacy to NSA UVC-published conversions. So give BareSkins some credit for doing so and addressing the issue rather than singling out BareSkins for your disapproval.

Few months ago many posted about how skins were not able to be published in UVC, so there was no one making skins for them, all we could do is make 1 that adapted and your older entries many knew. You even admitted to not working properly for new style.

So, what do you do after all this time having known your older entries which as stated by not one thread you began months ago but two I counted. You come and invite bi bi and Cara to keep your thread alive up top cause now your in the evul UVC? You fixed and gifted the older ones? That's good, awesome work!

Your Bareskins, you make a thread after another thread after another thread and now invite in Caras Creations along with BBL Dreams.

Nice...

If there are those who enjoy your skins Tim, awesome! If there are those who took notice to your own words written months ago had issues... Well, I would imagine that's not gossip but more like a fact isn't it at that point?

You love this bad press don't you? No advertising like bad advertising.

When it comes to skins. I tell people that come into my shop, "Some of UVD skins may not adapt well to the new style" this was a fact written by you months ago for BareSkins. Am I a horrible person for being able to recall that many threads/posts written by others and point it out that the person may need to check for themselves if they even like the new style. I have people come in my shop, one thing I don't want is anyone buying anything without first knowing what they're getting themselves into. It's like buying a car with me, check under the hood, definitely want people to switch to a new style first, see how it is for them naked.

2011-08-24 19:22, neck gash switching from a legacy to a new style avatar. I must say, I do not have that "eye" for skins some claim on here but I must admit it had a faint similarty to a BareSkins. Was my most recent customer who came in for a frilly skirt and had that issue, walked out wearing a UVD freebie skin and the skirt.

So, now that you have another person to keep your thread up top and announce to the world BareSkins has joined UVC Tim...

Welcome to the mass exodus of UVD moving to UVC.

Congratulations, rah rah.

Oh btw, this time keep in mind I'm not Mal, I'm Angieq. Maybe keep the persons name attached when you reply could help, could just be me.
Bad_Timmy
#13 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 10:24:39 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
Welcome to the mass exodus of UVD moving to UVC.

There ya'll go again. Just can't help yerselves. Who's leaving UVD? Not me. BareSkins currently has 417 published skins in UVD and they aren't going anywhere. Why should they? Sales remain strong, despite the steady drumbeat that UVD is in trouble. Not with customers apparently.

No, as a common sense business person, I'm adding a presence in UCS (yeah I'm gonna start using the thing's real initials, just to be difficult). You see, it's not required it be an either/or.

Anyway, the implication was "don't buy a BareSkin because they aren't compatible with the New Style avatar". I'm simply calling bullshit on that. New buyers can buy a wonderful New Style BareSkin in UCS if they choose to wear New Style clothing, same as they can buy a wonderful New Style FbX skin, and a few others. Old BareSkins have the same problems as most other older legacy skins, and those are being swapped out in the UVD catalog as quickly as almost 800 textures can be reworked.

Ya might possibly want to take some responsibility somewhere for designing so many clothes using New Style textures when you know most custom skins won't work with your clothing and a lot of customers will be dissatisfied. Yet.

I also wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to promote my business. Rah Rah.
Michou_MAJ
#14 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 10:44:41 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Ya might possibly want to take some responsibility somewhere for designing so many clothes using New Style textures when you know most custom skins won't work with your clothing and a lot of customers will be dissatisfied. Yet.

You step on your penis and grind it into the pavement here Timmy. Imagine you are in the automotive paint industry and you tell the tire manufacturer that he should take responsibility for selling tires to General Motors KNOWING they will be mounted on cars who's paint is de-laminating due to poor surface preparation.

I wish I could reach through the monitor and bitch-slap you for writing such silliness.

Brick wall
EDIT:
Here is an example of a well made and thought out skin. No blemishes or abnormalities except the lighting issue at the neck/head seam that nobody but Utherverse can fix.
This was made soon after the V2 avatars were added. I'm not sure why Bareskins do not work equally well on V2 Avatars Timmy. Perhaps you should STFU and focus on making your existing customers happy with FREE updated skins that actually do work on the V2 instead of making ass out of yourself in the forums.

_Aviva_
#15 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 10:56:32 PM(UTC)

Medals:
If your mission was just to correct some misinformation, it likely would have been more effective to post your corrections in the same place you say that Cara and BiBi were passing on the misinformation. That seems like the logical step, and if you did do that then I wonder; why even start this thread?
Angieq
#16 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:03:17 PM(UTC)

Medals:

Actually, my FBX skin works perfectly when I switch to new style and I own an UtherCloset version as well as several UVD FBX skins. Just as Cara owns an FBX UC/UVC version meant for legacy. Weird... I haven't had a single complaint as to why I make any new style clothing.

New style clothing is interesting, especially the frilly skirt it's just way too cute to not make something.
1 user thanked Angieq for this useful post.
_Cara_ on 9/12/2011(UTC)
TANG_U
#17 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:13:13 PM(UTC)

Medals:
well they must be good by FbX noticed you bought 1 today timmy Smile but I wouldnt as be so bold to say any one has the best skin everyone likes diffrent stuff.
to say your the best is sort of a turn off its nice to be humble at times ego can also stop sales m8.

Great Clothes That Dont Cost The Earth
"Uncle_Tang your Clothes are cheap your Ruining my business when you sell as many items as I then you can call yourself a designer" says the(wicked witch)of Rlc
Bruce_Songbird
#18 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:18:07 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Awww so sad to see this bickering Rolleyes Now that Ski has left ,...Timmy will be hiring another crack detective to complete Sherlock Holmes top notch crew Tongue Guess an investigation into this "Gossip" will be underway LOL LOL LOL LOL

Fuck The GOP Greed Over People is UnAmerican!
"Middle Class" Republicans are Corporate Slave Boot lickers
SkiBare
#19 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:31:38 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Oh Bruce..you are such a freaking idiot. Off to Vietnam for me.....

Angieq
#20 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:35:02 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SkiBare Go to Quoted Post
Oh Bruce..you are such a freaking idiot. Off to Vietnam for me.....

Nooooooooo! <3 Ski!
Bad_Timmy
#21 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:47:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
LOL Tang.. Yes indeed I bought an older FbX skin today. And switched it to New Style, and noted the seam issues with it. Wink
Angieq
#22 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:50:57 PM(UTC)

Medals:
LOL Tang.. Yes indeed I bought an older FbX skin today. And switched it to New Style, and noted the seam issues with it. Wink

How old was it? I have some old ones myself, haven't noticed anything in her skins. See, you turned the thread from Cara and bi bi to now forbz's....? FBX did such a nice job so I'm really curious and I'm sure she would be interested to know so have you emailed her.....?
Michou_MAJ
#23 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:52:52 PM(UTC)

Medals:
But but but.....

I throw large mud pie at Timmy and he leave without responding. Now how am I supposed to become the next target when he does this?
*Stomping foot*

F0rbiddenX_FbX
#24 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2011 11:55:54 PM(UTC)

Medals:
yeno you could of just asked me to show ya it in world..thanks for the rays Wink
Bad_Timmy
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 12:10:56 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
yeno you could of just asked me to show ya it in world..thanks for the rays Wink

LOL.. I know, Forbie. But I'm happy to pay for good stuff. Its a damn nice skin, btw.