Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Curio QA fails log on
SusanSprinkles
#1 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 6:23:47 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Enter given site address.
Firefox return site unknown response.
Amazon smart search returns a whole bunch of plausible sites such as second life but not the correct site.
Google finds site.... Yea for Google!!

We load in the program, get welcomed, and the logo is now on desktop.

Click on desktop logo Curio QA Oops it will not work unless you have NETFramework Version=v4.0 installed.
Go get this loaded in and try again. Oops it will not work unless Windows explorer v9 is running.
Go get this load it in and try again. Opps it still wont work ,,, returning need for NETFramework v4.0

Hmmmm.

Sorry folks, we ran out of time and will just have to wait till this is sorted out to a more user friendly configuration.
or
there is discovered the correct path within the permutations and combinations of operational settings possible.
This could take some time to find a way into this program .
The Decorator's Exchange:
URL vww://utherverse.vww/@2496/@193788
Pass the water.
SusanSprinkles
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 1:33:43 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Update:

Continuing to try to log into Curio QA. There has been some progress. We now get as far as the "Curio Not Configured" logo and its progress bar with the greyed out "Launch" button. We presume that once the Not Configured bar has reached full the Launch button will become active.

Curio Patcher activity can be seen by examining the windows task master applications tab which indicates it is running.
The resource monitor indicates network activity however there is no indicator on the Curio screen that shows loading activity.
After two hours there has been no progress indicated on the Not Configured bar and we still cant Launch the program.
Pass the water.
SnakeEyes
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 1:55:31 PM(UTC)

Medals:
To resolve this error you will need to remove curio using your control panel and then re-download and install the software.

To download Curio go to this page:
https://root.virtualworldweb.com/

Use your email and Curio password to login. If you don't remember your Curio password, you can restore it using Reset Password option at the right top corner of this page (left of login fields). Your new password will be then sent to your email address.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks
SnakeEyes
1 user thanked SnakeEyes for this useful post.
Pluush_Puussy on 6/4/2013(UTC)
Warrior_Of_Faith
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 2:06:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SnakeEyes Go to Quoted Post
To resolve this error you will need to remove curio using your control panel and then re-download and install the software.

Use your email and Curio password to login. If you don't remember your Curio password, you can restore it using Reset Password option at the right top corner of this page (left of login fields). Your new password will be then sent to your email address.

Thanks
SnakeEyes

I entered my email and request reset password, it says account does not exist.
pls help :/
Monaro66
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 2:10:33 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Warrior_Of_Faith Go to Quoted Post

Thanks
SnakeEyes

heya...curio is a closed test not available to all members...you can only enter curio if you were part of the first two tests or if someone from these prior tests have sent you an invite email....

cheers

with regards
monaro66
1 user thanked Monaro66 for this useful post.
Warrior_Of_Faith on 6/4/2013(UTC)
Warrior_Of_Faith
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 2:31:14 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Monaro66 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Warrior_Of_Faith Go to Quoted Post

Thanks
SnakeEyes

heya...curio is a closed test not available to all members...you can only enter curio if you were part of the first two tests or if someone from these prior tests have sent you an invite email....

cheers

with regards
monaro66

Thank you Monaro, finally now it makes sense.
Although I am part of Utherverse QA.
I guess I'm not Undecided Huh
SusanSprinkles
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 9:52:16 AM(UTC)

Medals:
As suggested the instance of Curio QA was removed from the computer and reloaded. Got the welcome back, entered password, got the not configured bar to load this time and the launch button activated.

Click on the launch button, again was asked for password, entered password and the following happened:

The screen turned blue with instructions as follows: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

My computer crashed.
Pass the water.
SnakeEyes
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 11:39:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SusanSprinkles Go to Quoted Post
As suggested the instance of Curio QA was removed from the computer and reloaded. Got the welcome back, entered password, got the not configured bar to load this time and the launch button activated.

Click on the launch button, again was asked for password, entered password and the following happened:

The screen turned blue with instructions as follows: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

My computer crashed.

Hi

As this error is related to memory you could try lowering the resolution before you launch curio.

Let us know if this helps or the problem persists.

Thanks
SnakeEyes
Luvr_DOZ_SC
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 11:42:55 AM(UTC)

Ive gotten into Curio well enough but seren and I have both noticed it will say at login "incorrect Password" 3-4 times before loggin in.. Ya dont have to re-enter the PW, just try to connect several times and it'll let us in.
SusanSprinkles
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:02:18 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Progress but not perfect yet. Took suggestion to lower resolution. Previously my screen resolution was 1920x1080 which is the default for my monitors. I lowered the resolution to 1680x1050 and it was a success for a while. I was exploring the house scene and had almost completed exploring all its rooms when again my computer crashed posting that blue screen warning cited previously. Once I had got up an running again I discovered my desktop had been completely rearranged. It is possible that a further resolution drop may be necessary to stabilize this program within my computer. The next try will be at the 1024x768 resolution. Thanks to the resolution suggestion of SnakeEyes we may be on the right path to solving this instability.
Pass the water.
SnakeEyes
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:42:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: SusanSprinkles Go to Quoted Post
Progress but not perfect yet. Took suggestion to lower resolution. Previously my screen resolution was 1920x1080 which is the default for my monitors. I lowered the resolution to 1680x1050 and it was a success for a while. I was exploring the house scene and had almost completed exploring all its rooms when again my computer crashed posting that blue screen warning cited previously. Once I had got up an running again I discovered my desktop had been completely rearranged. It is possible that a further resolution drop may be necessary to stabilize this program within my computer. The next try will be at the 1024x768 resolution. Thanks to the resolution suggestion of SnakeEyes we may be on the right path to solving this instability.

Are you running in full screen mode? (windowed mode not checked?)

If full screen try running in windowed.

It may help.

Keep us posted.

SnakeEyes
SusanSprinkles
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:42:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Update: We have now logged in using a variety of resolutions from 1920x1080 down to 1024x768. None of them prevented this Gateway FX Vista machine from eventually crashing and posting the warning; A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

When the windowed option is set unchecked the response is resolution failure.
Pass the water.
Kitten_Silver
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2013 2:29:34 PM(UTC)

i been three days trying to get in no luck even had rlc rest it up nothing if this is how its going to work the hell with it
SusanSprinkles
#14 Posted : Friday, June 07, 2013 1:38:55 PM(UTC)

Medals:
Although I have success in logging into Curio it is short-lived for in a matter of minutes my computer crashes. What would be of interest is to figure out why. Is there a port that has been opened by Curio for data to pass through the Windows firewall? No other program on my computer or on the net crashes this computer. That it is repeatable and consistent, yet no one has noted this here would probably indicate there is a required element not resident in my machine that is failing to prevent data from leaking into areas it should not get into thus getting the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. response before crashing.

The computer is an ACPI x64-based PC the brand being a Gateway FX6801 model using Intel Core i7 ; 920 @ 2.67 Ghz 64-bit Operatins System; Windows Vista. The video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285. Monitors are LG E2442

DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is active only for essential windows programs and services and in theory should only shut down offending programs and not crash the computer.
Pass the water.
SusanSprinkles
#15 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 12:48:48 PM(UTC)

Medals:
From the vantage point of my main PC this test of Curio will receive a failure grade. The test done last year went well for me and the improvements over Utherverse were notable. That this time we were unable to participate, due to the blue screen of death, might indicate that there was, amongst the elements added to the program, something that needs be corrected.
Pass the water.