Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
7 Pages<12345>»
SUPER Zaby How To List. . .UPDATED AND REVISED
bluangel786
#41 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 1:39:26 AM(UTC)

i'm new to all of this, so far haven't made anything new, just choosing from the options already in prop editor and textures. i really, really want to put in a table that i can dance on. Don't know if it matters, but i'm planning on using the "black modern table" listed in the prop editor. i've been reading for ages trying to find directions on how to do this. Pretty please, could someone direct me to the how-to? And thank you so very much in advance ...

~Eppur's blu
Loving_INTENSE
#42 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 2:48:55 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: bluangel786 Go to Quoted Post
i'm new to all of this, so far haven't made anything new, just choosing from the options already in prop editor and textures. i really, really want to put in a table that i can dance on. Don't know if it matters, but i'm planning on using the "black modern table" listed in the prop editor. i've been reading for ages trying to find directions on how to do this. Pretty please, could someone direct me to the how-to? And thank you so very much in advance ...

~Eppur's blu

You create the table prop,

Then you place a Trigger Box_01, just over the table

Next step is to add a dance script, to the trigger box

To make a nice collidable surface over the table, so you can dance ON IT,

you add a Plane_01 prop (there are 4, scroll and find the black small one)

You make the plane collidable and invisible,

by checking the

dedicated boxes in STATE tab

(You can right click on the props

and place them accordingly, so the collidable plane is

EXACTLY at the level of the table top surface)

You save and close prop editor

and you jump on table and start dancing!!!

Loving

3 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 4/14/2015(UTC), bluangel786 on 4/15/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 5/10/2015(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#43 Posted : Tuesday, April 14, 2015 4:11:10 AM(UTC)

Medals:
2 nice tips:

1. To keep viewing the "boxes" around the props

you want to adjust, see these pictures:

You can do this for all the props you want to adjust.

2. Next step: you can use the "place" button

to align the Plane_01 (its red, collidable "square"

just at same level as the tables top surface)

and then the Trigger Box_01

so it will contain all the space you want to dance.

(Its lower border must be just over the table's top surface )

Loving

2 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
bluangel786 on 4/15/2015(UTC), DurtyJay on 2/11/2016(UTC)
bluangel786
#44 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:15:23 AM(UTC)

Loving, you rock Dear Sir! Thank you sooo much worked like a charm!
1 user thanked bluangel786 for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 4/15/2015(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#45 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 4:51:17 AM(UTC)

Medals:

I found it!!!!

Autumn's BLOG...

(after she left, her profile is disabled...)

Quote:

PART 1:

Thursday, January 03, 2013 09:06 AM
Layout Contract
My layouts, textures and designs are not for resell or gifting to anyone else. You are only buying the license for personal use, not a real life property. I retain all rights to the layout, textures and all aspects of any build.
Add Comment | 0 Comments
Saturday, June 16, 2012 06:31 PM
Fun Stuff Part 1
Some of you will notice that I have changed the class room. This will make it easier for everyone to see me and for me to see everyone.
Please stay behind the red line as this will keep you in the view of my camera and make it easier for me to keep up with your progress.
Choose a square for your work space. This keeps projects from running over into the next persons work space. It also helps me to be able to see at a glance what you are doing and be able to assist if needed.
Fun Stuff Part 1
I have been asked many times how to make a slide or chute for people to slide down or drop through. Tonight I will show you how that is done, but first a field trip, I hope you all got your permissions slips signed. lol
The place we are going has several of the things we will be creating tonight in it. I want you all to have a clear picture of it and what it does before starting.
The URL of where we are going is:
vww://utherverse.vww/@16079/@391481#Entrance
Those of you who are on my friend list can simply port to me once I get there.
I will ask that you do not take time to explore there during class time as I have a lot of material to cover and a short time to do it. I can't hold up the class for that.
Feel free to landmark once you are there, it is mine and it is open to the public and free for anyone to use. You can come back, and explore all you want.
This carnival is about to get a total makeover as my skills have improved vastly since creating this. That will be down the road a way, but watch for the bullies and come check it out again when I am done. Smile
Back in the classroom:
Slide
Open the prop editor and grab a "column in fever" prop. This prop works well as it has a slick side. I am sure there are others which will work also, but this is the one I use.
In state set this to double sided.
Tilt the column until it looks like a slide, the one in the carnival is tilted at 55.40 on the X.
Now clone the column and line it up with the first with the X and Z in Position. On the Y in Position move your clone up a couple of clicks. In state mark this one as collidable.
Adjust the red box to fit just around the edges of your slide.
Be sure the bottom goes into the ground a bit.
Put the clone on invisible and your slide should now be functional.
You can add a platform for people to stand on above it and stairs or port to reach the starting point.
Chute
To make the chute you saw at my carnival, create a Cylinder from the prop editor.
In Script add a texture on the first tab. Mine is a transparent one in the carnival, but that that is up to you.
On the second tab in Script choose Rotate Object CW or CWW, again that is up to you.
In state set for double sided and if it is a transparent texture set the Texture Translucent as high as you need to get the right effect.
You can set a port to the top by flying up to the point you want them to enter the chute, turn your avi the direction you want them to be facing when in the chute. Click f2 and copy the numbers at the top for position not forgetting to write down the Yaw, which is the last three numbers beside rotation there.
(Note: when using this to move from one plane to another be sure to add 5 to the Y in Script of your avi may land with their feet inside the plane causing you to drop through.)
Now you can set a clickable port or you can do like the one in my Carnival and use a trigger. This ports them without any action on the part of the avatar.
Go to the place you want people to start from to be dropped into the chute. Make your port. In Script choose Move to Location and put the numbers you got from the top of the chute.
If you want to use a trigger as I did then when you get to the place you want them to drop into the chute from, create a trigger box. In Script set as you did for the port. Go to state, choose trigger.
Now you should be able to step into your trigger box and be ported to the top of your chute.
The trigger box is an amazing tool with many uses. Use your imagination and play with it to see what you can come up with. If you find a new use for it let me know and I will add it to my blog with these notes.
There is a guy named Monaro who put a diving board script on a trigger box, set it in a bounded box and let it wander about his property. When people came to this property they could be standing still and suddenly bounce into the air. lol
As useful as it is, you should always use the trigger box with caution. lol
Lilli and Ozz made one with a boot function on it. Lilli tested it at a party in their club. She used it to boot a person and when dragging it back across the dance floor she nearly cleared it booting most of their visitors. Any of you who were at that party know it works well. lol
Cup Ride
We won't make the carousel for lack of space but the concept will work without it. The turning of the carousel does enhance it though.
At the carnival I used a giant plate sized to x .30 y 1.20 z .30. In State click Texture Double-Sided. In Script I added the Rotate Object CCW, Velocity 1.57. This made it work well with the carousel.
Now sit inside the cup and with your camera scrolled out to see your avatar hold down the Q or the E key. You should get the sensation of spinning in a carnival ride.
Trampoline
The way the trampoline is set up at the carnival is the way I learned to do it, including the props used. I am sure you will all find other props to enhance this.
In the editor grab the Bar prop. It will be a half circle shape. Clone it. Turn the clone so that the two make a circle. you can line them up using the X and Z in position.
Once you have your circle set, grab the Night Candy Stage Floor out of the editor.
Set it in the center of your circle and line it up using the X and Z in Position using one of the bars as a guide.
Once it is centered, go to state and set it for Collidable. Bring the collidable box in to just fit the circle.
If you do not set this close enough people will start bouncing before they get to the trampoline. Same with diving boards.
Create a diving board from the editor and center in the circle. The Position tabs do not always work correctly so use your best judgement to center this.
Go to Script and click on Diving Board. Go to State and click Trigger.
You should now have a working trampoline.
Diving Board
In the editor create a Diving Board. Lower it to the ground. You can texture it if you like.
Create a plane. I use the court floor.
Set it for collidable.
Scale your collidable box to just cover the surface, careful not to change the Y setting.
Make it invisible.
Back in the editor grab a trigger box.
For realism sake move the trigger box to the end of your diving board.
Scale it to just fit around the edge on both sides and front.
In State set it for Texture Double-Sided
In Script set it for Diving Board
Now you should be able to get onto your diving board and walk to the end before you start to bounce for the dive.
Does anyone have any questions?
If that is all then we are done. See you next week for fun stuff part 2. Smile
Add Comment | 0 Comments
Saturday, June 09, 2012 04:59 PM
Tricky Scripts 2
To save time on setting up for tonight's class I want everyone to just clone the bar, barstool, hotel chair and court floor and set them as I have here. Feel free to come see my set up if you need to. Since mine are already set correctly please do not adjust the positions other than to line up the props. Once everyone is ready let me know.
Pill Tray on raised floor
Create a pill tray
Set it on bar be sure not to set into the surface but keep it just where the green line disappears at the bottom.
Clone it and turn the clone upside down by putting 180 on the x in rotation.
Place it a click or so above the one on the bar. (use the x and z in script to line them up)
On the clone go to Script select "Eat Pill"
Set the forward offset to -165
(offsets range from -175 to 175...play with these numbers until you do not fall through the raised floor)
Set the clone on invisible. Release it, close editor and try it.
To get rid of the glass just type in local: /drop
Pickup Object Script
Walk around with wine glass
Create Wine Glass
Set it on the bar, keep the bottom green line just out of the surface of the bar.
In state set the texture translucent to about 25.
Clone and flip the clone 180 on the x in the rotation tab.
Line up the glasses with the x and z in the position tab.
Bring the clone a click or so above the other one.
This makes it easier to grab when workiing with them
On the clone, go to the script tab and add the Pickup Object script.
Set the offset at -165 as with the pill tray
Mesh: WineGlass_left
Animation: holdglass_standing
Make it invisible. Release the prop. Close the editor and try it.
As before type in local: /drop and it will be gone from your hand.
Walk with Beer Glass
Same as above but in the Script tab under mesh put: beerglass_left
Everything else is the same.
(For water glass or glass of coke do the same but change the mesh to the appropriate one with the HM or HF in front of it.)
I will be sending out copies of all these with the class notes.
Sit and Drink Script on Raised Floor
In the editor create a simple table and a wood dining chair set them up as I have them here. In Scale set them both at 85 on the y.
Now create a hotel chair. In Script set it for Drink Beer Script.
Set the Vertical Offset for 200 and the Horizontal Offset 185. You can play with the numbers to see what works for you.
Did anyone else notice they misspelled Vertical and Horizontal there in the editor? lol
Lower the hotel chair until it is just a click above the floor.
Position it until it looks about like mine..center it then click off of it and close the editor.
Click on your chair, once you are seated, click the "Drink" option. You will notice the area around you starts weaving a bit. lol
Sip Glass Script
Warning: Your avi will be wasted on first sip. You may want to sit for this once you grab the glass. lol
You can clone your original wine glass. move it to an empty place on your bar.
Clone this one and turn the second clone 180 on the x in rotation.
Set it inside the other and move it up a click or two. Line them up together.
Under the script tab set this clone for Pick up Object.
Offset: -165
Mesh: wineglass_left
Animation: sipglass_standing
Release the prop and close the editor.
Click on the wine glass. You will see your avi take a sip and start weaving. lol
To stop the action just do as above and type into the local chat: /drop
To have this function with a glass of beer you set the mesh for: beerglass_left
The rest is the same as the wine glass.
Smoke Doobie Script on Raised Floor
Similar to the drink scripts.
Create Doobies with Ashtray
Set it on your bar
Clone it and raise this one over your head before going to rotation and adding the 180 on the x. It will likley burrow underground but just bring it up using the y in position. Once you have it visible again, move it to sit just above your original ashtray.
Under the script tab choose: Pickup Object.
Offset -175
Mesh: doobie
Animation: rave_smoke_doobie
Make the clone invisible, close the editor and try it.
If you need to...adjust until it looks natural.
Smoking Hookah
I have not been able to find any information about smoking a hookah on a raised floor, so unless someone here knows how to do that, I will simply tell you what I do. I make the hookah, set the offset to about -175, slide it forward until the entire mouth piece is off the table, then when I click it and it drops me into the floor I just hit my space bar returning me to the correct place and then hit smoke.
When making the hookah it rarely sets up right. While smoking it, open the editor and adjust the hookah until it looks natural when you smoke it, then raise the table or other surface to just under it where it looks like it is sitting on it.
So if everyone is sufficiently wasted class is dismissed. lol
Mesh List
HF_bag_backpack.gml
HF_bag_messengerbag.gml
HF_bag_purse.gml
HF_Bass.gml
HF_BeerGlass.gml
HF_BeerGlass_Left.gml
HF_Brownie_Right.gml
HF_Cigarette_Right.gml
HF_CokeGlass.gml
HF_CokeGlass_Right.gml
HF_crystalpalace.gml
HF_doobie.gml
HF_DoubleDildo.gml
HF_fairy_wings.gml
HF_glowball.gml
HF_glowstick.gml
HF_Guitar.gml
HF_Head_BridalVeil_Long.gml
HF_Head_BridalVeil_Medium.gml
HF_Head_BridalVeil_Short.gml
HF_hulahoop.gml
HF_intruder.gml
HF_intruder_missionary.gml
HF_juggle_3glowballs.gml
HF_mechanical_bull.gml
HF_Mushroom_Right.gml
HF_PaperCup.gml
HF_Percussion.gml
HF_pill.gml
HF_pillbox.gml
HF_Prototerratar.gml
HF_SerpentGlass.gml
HF_Snack_Right.gml
HF_StrapOn.gml
HF_sybian.gml
HF_Vibrator.gml
HF_Vibrator_Left.gml
HF_Vibrator_Right.gml
HF_WaterGlass.gml
HF_WaterGlass_Left.gml
HF_WineGlass.gml
HF_WineGlass_Left.gml
Don't put "HF" or " .gml" into the script.
Add Comment | 0 Comments

END OF PART 1

3 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
Anhton_Novo on 5/1/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 5/10/2015(UTC), DurtyJay on 12/17/2015(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#46 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 4:53:46 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:

PART 2:

Saturday, June 09, 2012 04:59 PM
Tricky Scripts 1
Tricky Scripts Part 1
Since I am sure most of you know this material, I am not going to ask you to create everything here in the classroom as I normally do.
For those of you who do not know how to do these things, you may create these here if you wish to, or just wait for the class notes and try them on your own time.
One thing that a lot of people ask about is seating, especially on raised floors.
A lot of chairs and such have seating scripts, but some just to not work right. I can only give you my work around on these, I am sure some of you have found other ways to do this.
I use the hotel chair. I script it for Chair 1 Seat and usually start at about 175 on the offset. Set the hotel chair inside the chair you are using for the build. Adjust intil the seating looks natural then make it invisible.
When the chair is on a raised floor or plane you can do the same thing only make sure the legs do not go inside the floor or plane and set for Chair 2 Seat.
Bar Stools
I again use the hotel chair set it for Chair 2 Seat. Create a plane ( I use the court floor), set it for collidable. Size the collidable area to fit under the chair but with enough in front for your feet to rest on. ( be suree not to change the number in the Y box it has to be at 1.00) All seating is determined by the position of the feet.
Another factor you have to figure in is that female avis sit closer to the edge than a male. So it is always best to test with female and male avis.
Adjust this until you see the avi sitting on the barstool correctly then make the plane and the hotel chair invisible.
Do the same on raised floors, the important factor is to be sure your chair legs do not go inside the plane.
Couches and Benches to seat more than one Avatar
I know for some of you this is old news, but I do wedding photography on the side and I cannot tell you how many times I have gone there and saw benches empty but for one person in the middle. Makes for weird pictures.
I am always asked to come see the work someone has done when they are just learning to deco. So many of them do not script the couch or if they do only have seating for one on them.
Using the same technique as above, create a hotel chair script it and use as many as you want on the prop, making them all invisible after you adjust them.
The next scripts I have seen a lot of people not do correctly and it is not hard to fix. We will not be doing a demonstration in the class obviously, but I am providing the information for you to work on in your own time.
Lap Dance Chairs
The simplest way I have found to do a lap dance chair is to use the seat panel. Make a chair or stool as you would normally, I even script mine for seating so it will be double function. Make a Seat Panel and drop it on the floor in front of the chair. Set it for the Lap Dance Sequence. You do not need to fill in anything else on that. You may have to adjust as sometimes it faces backward. Just adjust the proximity to the chair until it looks natural during the dance.
Sex on Over Sized Beds
You can make a bed as large as you like but once you make it larger than default the script does not work right. You can see the large bed but once on it you will find yourself buried in it.
To make a large bed that actually works just creat it the way you like. Then create another bed, I use the Modern Bed 01, then set it inside the large bed and script as you would normally. You can adjust until it looks natural and no one is being buried inside the bigger one. Then make it invisible.
Sex on any Surface
Basically it is the same as above. Make the Modern Bed 01 place it into the area you wish to have the sex sequence on and lower the bed to just at the surface of that object. Since the sex sequence always starts on the same side of the bed, be sure that side is facing the outside of the area. If you are standing at the foot of the bed it would be the side on your right. Make it invisible.
Butterflies
Ok we are going to make butterflies that fly correctly.
I want everyone to open the editor and find a butterfly. In rotation set as follows: X 180.00 Y 0.00 Z 180.00.
If you do not set this they will fly upside down and backwards. lol
Go to State and place a B in the url and hit enter. Your butterfly should start flapping it's wings.
Back in Script, go to the second script and in that choose Move Within Bounded Box. Under X put 2000, Under Y put 600. Under Z put 2000. Set the Speed at about 500.00. Speed Jitter 20.00 and Turn Rate 20.00. In your own builds you can play with the numbers to get the effect you are looking for.
You should all have butterflies flying right side up and forward. Smile If they do not move forward, go to state and click the no bsp

As usual a copy of these notes will be sent to all after the class is over.
Part 2 of Tricky Scripts will deal with drugs and alcohol so be prepared to get wasted..lol
Add Comment | 0 Comments
Saturday, June 09, 2012 04:58 PM
Reflective Floors and Shadows
Reflective Floors
As usual I have the textures we will use set up only please do not grab them from my demo..use the ones I have provided above my structure.
In the editor I want you all to create a brick wall. Copy the texture off of the first image I have set up, the brown marble. In the Rotation tab set the x for 270
Under Scale make your wall as so: x 10.00 y 10.00 z 1.00. Lower the wall to the ground. It is now a floor.
Look in position and write down the x and z numbers.
I want you to clone the floor and bring the clone up to 275 on the y in position. Set it by the numbers you wrote down. When working in a zaby I usually set the reflective floor height to sit just on top of the area in front of the fireplace.
Now make a court floor. Using the same numbers you did before set it to center your floors. Set it for collidable. (for those like me who find it easier to do this from the air I have set permissions to allow everyone to fly)
Size the red lines to just fit your cloned floor (be sure not to change the y scale) and place the court floor just below the cloned floor. Jump up onto your floor and adjust it so you are standing on your cloned floor correctly. Make it invisible then release it.
Grab the cloned floor again. In the State tab set the Texture Translucent to about 30, set it on Textures Unlit, and make it Double sided (for this class). Never fade the floor in world. Always use a texture you have faded in your editing program before hand. Once you have that texture. this will give you a glass like texture. Release the prop.
Once you have chosen your ceiling in a build just copy that texture to the bottom floor as a reflection of that. You may have to fade it more if the ceiling texture over powers your reflective texture.
I want you all to grab a wall out of the editor. You can add the second texture I have here to put on that. Lower the wall to the bottom floor. Stretch it to cover the one side and in scale set it at 1.75 on the y. Clone it to cover three walls, (leaving one side open so I can observe your progress). (In a project you can add a Render Priority of 1 under State to a wall if you cannot see it under your floor. I chose this one so there will be no issues with seeing it.)
The walls do not have to be perfect for this demonstration just make sure they are touching in the corners to get the correct effect. I added a short wall in the front so you cannot see the layers. You can do this if you want.
Let me know when you are all to this point.
You will see that the wall acts as it's own reflection. As long as there are no borders etc this will work and save props. However if it is distinctive and cannot be used this way you will have to clone it and reverse it as I willl show you in the next excersizes.
In the editor everyone grab the western chair. Set this down on your floor as you would when decoing. Go to the Position tab and write down the numbers from the x and z there. In the State tab set for Texture Double sided. Clone this chair.
On the cloned chair under the Rotation tab put 180 in the z. In the State tab set it for Textures Unlit. Now go to Position and add the x and z numbers you wrote earlier. Under the state tab adjust the fade until your chair looks like a reflection. Mine is set for 65. This number will vary depending on the prop.
Now if any part of your chair is inside the bottom floor..just scale the y down until you can see all of the chair. Reflections do not have to be the same height as the prop you are using.
Again go into your editor and create a Hallway Table. Set this against one wall. Copy the x and z numbers in the Position tab. Clone it. Using the same procedure I gave you above make this clone a reflection. Line it up with the first.
In the editor grab a door. I want you to add the texture I have on this wall art here. Scale the door to .35 on the y. (You can adjust this number if you need to on the reflection. Set the art on an empty wall. Clone as before and turn it 180 on the z. You will notice that it did not go into your floor, simply lower it on the y under the Position tab. Drag it under the other and set the x on position the same.
You may notice the picture is not facing the right direction. That is why we use a door.
You can see that the image is opposite from the one on the wall. If you are dealing with images or mirror reflections of a room you have to reverse the image. I had you put this on a door because the solution is simple with this prop..grab your reflective image and turn it around. Some props will show the same image on both sides. The door reverses it.
Now that it is turned you can set the position with the numbers. It will work now.
Some helpful tips:
Never add the z buffer to the floor or the things you reflect. Use the Render Priority to make items show up clearly. Usually 2 is as high as you need to go. If anything does not show under your floor, add the Render Priority to 1 or 2.
If the reflection is too bright take off the Texture unlit and adjust it with the Emisson slot under state. If it shows through too much you can fade it more under the state tab.
The Render Priority is an awesome tool. If you have things that blink out when you turn a certain way..add this and they will usually stop doing that. (Curtains, plants etc are known for this.)
I have all but stopped using the Z Buffer. It can cause too many translucency issues. Whereas the Render Priority does not.
If you rotate an object on the z and it does not go completely into the reflective surface as some do not..simply lower it with the Position tab using the y until it is just below the floor. Some like the door can be reversed to make the numbers work. Others you may have to reverse in your photo editing program to make them line up and reflect correctly.
This works also with ice and water not just floors. With lakes and ponds it really brings them to life.
A lot of this technical side has to do with personal preferance. If you play with it a while you will find yours.
Does everyone understand Reflections now? Are there any Questions?
Shadows
Please delete all but your original floor and your original chair.
Let me know when everyone is ready.
Bring your chair down and sit it in the middle of your floor. Under position write down the z number. Clone this chair.
On the cloned chair. Under state. Put a 0 under the Ambient and the Diffuse. Your chair should go dark.
Under the Rotation tab. Set the cloned Chair on 90 in the z tab. Under Scale bring your x to .01
Lower this to the ground on the left side of the original chair.
Using the numbers you wrote down for the chair..line up your shadow.
Under the State tab. Bring up your fade to 175.
You can do this to make the shadow fall to the side, front or back. You just have to adjust the clone to match the side you are using.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
If you pm me with a question and get my AFK message, please be patient I am likely in psp or away from the computer for a minute. I will get back to you asap. If I am in a No PM zone I will not receive your message so please send it to my profile as I normally check it before signing off to sleep.
Oh, and in case there are any questions. If I am in a No PM that does not mean you can hit me up on Skype. I promise you that if Wraith and I manage a moment alone with our schedules I am not going to cut into our time to help anyone out. lol
If you need to contact me, it is a good idea to look on your friend list in world (if I am on your friend list) before pming.
If you are not in world at the time, check on your home page friend list to see where I am before iming.
So if that happens please send the question to my proflie.
As always I will send my notes to everyone after class. Everyone have a great night.
Add Comment | 0 Comments
Saturday, June 09, 2012 04:52 PM
Sizing and Optimizing Part 1
Today we are going to learn about texture sizing and optimizing.
With this knowledge it can change the way you deco as it will give you more freedom to detail.
Texture sizing
I want everyone to click the F2 key on their keyboard.
You will see the fps (frames per second) in the pop up box on the lower right of your computer screen.
The lower that number gets the more lag you will develop.
It is essential to keep that number as high as you can when you deco. You also have to account for how many people will be in the build at any given time and the effect it will have on their ability to stay in the region.
I am sure you have all heard others speak of a prop limit in decoing.
This is true, and if you do not size and optimize the textures that count will be much lower.
Correctly sized textures will not only keep that fps value from dropping so dramatically as it can in a build, it will enable the computer to read the texture more quickly as the correct sizes are in the numerical language the computer understands.
Incorrect values on a texture make the computer work harder to read them thus causing lag.
If you can put 300 textures in a build before you start to feel the lag, then with correct sizing you can pretty much double that.
As most of us do not see the effects of bad sized textures even though our computers are very much affected by them.
It used to be that you could go into low detail ans see the lines and edges left by bad texturing.
I guess rlc fixed that, so even though there are still badly sized textures we can no longer see them on low texture.
They did not fix the issues badly sized textures cause, only our ability to see and correct them.
I want you all to check the number your fps is set at right now. Write it down so you can keep up with the comparisons.
Now this building behind me is made of one off sized texture.
I placed four walls with it. Please clone this to make a four wall structure like this in front of you.
It does not have to be perfect..just four walls. Let me know when everyone has their four walls set up.
I want everyone to f5. When you return check your fps again and write the number down.
I am sure you all have a photo editing program but to save time I have a correctly sized copy of this texture. You can just use this to change all the walls on your structure. The link is:

Once that is done, let me know.
I want everyone to f5 again. Once more when you are back write the fps down again.
Optimizing
In your picture files on your computer I want you to create a new folder called "Output folder".
I also want you to save the texture from this building to your picture files on your computer.
You should have all downloaded the RIOT program. Please open that now.
Let me know when you all have them open and ready to start.
In RIOT be sure that under "encoding" it is set for "standard optimized". I have my "hroma subsampling" set for "High 4:1:1" and my "Quality" is set for "87%". You can play with these to find what works best for you when you practice with it.
Now at the top click on "open" and find the texture of this building you copied earlier. Bring the texture into RIOT by clicking on it and hitting the "open" button on the pop up.
Once it is in there, look at the numbers over the first image on your left then the ones on your right. See the difference? This is the reduction in the texture size already. Now just below the second texture image you will see the words, "compress to size". Just to the left of that is the size icon. If the texture is not sized correctly you can change that here. Then click "file" and "save as"...find your "output folder" and save the image into that.
To save some time again I have a sized and optimized copy of this texture. I want you all to copy this and change out your walls again for this texture.

Once you have all done that then f5 again. Check your fps once more.
You can do all textures through RIOT. It will even keep the transparencies. You can do one at a time or by using the batch option you can do hundreds at a time.
To use Riot and keep the translucency simply click the png option before adding the image (s) and under the mask be sure the keep transparency is checked. I keep mine set for "NeuQuant Neural-net (slow)" and my color reduction to "Optimal 256 color palette." You can adjust these to suit your needs.
To do many at one time. Simply set for jpeg or png..if mixed just ues the png on all of them...check for the keep transparency as before then hit batch. Find the files you want to work on and highlight them all and bring them in. Once in the batch section, at the bottom you will see the option as to where to send the images. Make sure it is set for your output folder you created earlier. When the images are in the program click start at the bottom right side. Wait until the images all say ok then click remove all and close this window by hitting the red x on the top right of the small screen.
Now your textures are ready to load to your photo storage program.
Sizing and optimizing the textures will allow more freedom to add those little touches that we used to have to leave out to save props.
You can build places with upwards of 1000 props and not have lag issues.
The correct sizing scales are:
64 x 64
128 x 128
256 x 256
512 x 512
1024 x 1024
2048 x 2048

Or any number divided or multplied by 2 using these numbers. You can also intermix the numbers such as 256 x 512 etc.
The computer recognizes these numbers and processes them faster. This causes less lag.
I know that there is much more to learn about the Riot program but due to the delay caused by our prankster and the length of this lesson I will have to make that another class.
You can contact me and I will help you individually if you have any problems with it. It is pretty self explanitory and you should be able to figure it out on your own though.
As always, I will make these notes available to anyone who wants them. Just let me know.
Add Comment | 0 Comments
Saturday, June 09, 2012 04:51 PM
Sizing and Optimizing Part 2
Sizing and Optimizing Part 2
RIOT (Radical Image Optimization Tool)
There are some issues with the program. It is a great tool but like any program there are things it cannot do properly or you have to work around the problem.
If you have already put a texture through RIOT, it is possible you will not be able to use all the editing tools in your photo editing program on this texture. There is a work around. Make a new canvas then copy and paste the one you wish to edit into that. The new canvas will work with all the tools.
If you have a texture with a double transparency like a fancy scroll image on glass..both have their own translucency and Riot will either remove the background image or make it solid. Just do not optimize this texture. I think we can let one go by if the rest of the build is optimized.
If you have already saved a file with the same name to your "Output" folder you will get an "error" message when you try to run it through RIOT again. Work around: Change the name of the file that is in the folder or remove it.
If you batch textures make sure there are no gradiants in the mix..done as a standard texture RIOT will stair step it and it will not look right. You need to run these through separate at higher settings to insure they come out correctly.
I am sure some will come across others but these are some that I know of at this point.
One perk I found that may come in useful and not mentioned in the info pack for RIOT is that if you attempt to open a file in your editing program and it gives you a message like "not a true png" etc., you can open this file in RIOT and save in the format you need then your editor will accept it.
As in the issues with this program I am sure some will find other perks also.
This class is to give you a basic knowlege, you can experiment and work out the settings that suit your needs. I am by no means an expert, but hopefully I can show you enough to help you to become comfortable with this tool. If you have questions I cannot answer, rest assured I will track down an answer for you.
Each texture is different and each computer is different so settings that I have may not work well for others. Find the settings that work for you.
I will give you my settings as a place to start.
Under JPEG Tab:
Jpeg Options tab:
Quality: 87%
hrouma subsampling: High (4:1:1)
Encoding: Standard optimization
Metadata tab:
Everything is checked (5 items)
Mask tab:
Keep transparency
My slide bar for Threshhold is set at about 1/3 of the way over
I have not set the blend with solid background or the opaque
Image Adjustments:
Brightness: 0
Contrast: 0
Gamma: 1
I have not set the Invert or Save values on exit
Under PNG Tab:
PNG Options tab:
Color reduction: Optimal 256 Colors Palette
Be sure you are set for the NeuQuant neural-net (slow)
The other tabs Metadata, Mask, and Image adjustments are the same as the JPEG section
The GIF section is set the same as the others. I have not used this feature so you willl have to play with that on your own. lol
Last week I showed you how to optimize one texture and gave you the idea of how to batch files through Riot. Is any one having issues with the single texture optimization?
This week we will expound on the batch process.
It is always best to run batch textures through RIOT separately as JPEG is a smaller package than PNG and you will be able to take the build to the lowest lag level. But you can run them together using the png option. Personally I get lazy and do that a lot. lol
Unlike the single image optimizing, in the batch you will not be able to see the number change in RIOT, but I promise you will see it in your build.
I have yet to find a limit to the number of textures that RIOT will optimize at one time.
Tip: The system I have found that works the best for me is I have set a folder called "Ready For RIOT" in the " My Picture" section on my computer. I set my PSP to automatically drop images there. I have my "Output" folder set up in the RIOT program to drop finished images there.
In each of these folders I set an "On Photobucket" folder and once these are downloaded then I simply drop the files into that to keep my initial folders clear.
To run the batch program simply choose your format the click the Batch option. When the batch folder opens you will see a tab for "Additional Tasks" click that and you can set the size for the finished textures. This beats having to size them all in your photo editing program one at a time.
At the bottom of the window you will see a place to set your images to go into your "Output" folder.
You willl see a drop down list for "Settings" I have everything unchecked in there. That again is up to each individual.
Once you have the sizing set, then click the "add images" tab and select the files you wsh to optimize. This is simplified for me with my "Ready for RIOT" folder.
When the pics are all added, look at the bottom of the screen and you will see the "start" option. Click that, wait for the images to all say "ok" then hit the "remove all" so that you do not have to deal with the "picture is open in another program" issue.
Once this is done click the red x at the top of the batch screen to close it. Now your images are ready to be loaded to your photo storage site.
I am sure most, if not all of you, have thousands of textures on your computer. So pick a file and send them through RIOT and see how many you can do at one time. If they are mixed..PNG and JPEG... be sure to set the tool for PNG so all of those with transparencies will be done correctly.
This is an amazing tool and very user friendly I am sure you will all do well with it and some of you will probably learn more about it than I know at this point. Smile
Add Comment | 0 Comments

6 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 5/1/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 5/1/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 5/10/2015(UTC), Playa_Designs on 8/14/2015(UTC), LoneRider71 on 9/9/2015(UTC), DurtyJay on 12/28/2015(UTC)
Loving_INTENSE
#47 Posted : Friday, May 01, 2015 4:56:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Quote:
PART 3:

Saturday, June 09, 2012 04:49 PM
Create Light Basic 1
Basic Create Light Part 1
Today we are going to learn the basic set up for the Create Light Area, Create Light and Create Light Extension.
Everyone needs to find an area facing away from the others large enough to create a trigger box and just a bit more. We do not want the trigger boxes to overlap.
Note that when the class is over be sure to take the script off the trigger box before deleting as some have been known to get booted other wise.
Some interesting facts: Not all props will take the create light so you will have to find those that do.
Light scripts cause less lag than emmitters
WTE will not show the effects of the create light script
Props with the unlit option checked are not affected
Once everyone is in position let me know so we can continue.
I want everyone to understand each step, so if you do not understand something let me know right away. I want everyone to be on the same page. I will ask that all questions pertain to the lesson we are on. If you need to ask other questions please send them to my profile.
My class outline is available on request if you struggle with any of this.
Part 1: Create Light Area
Step 1: Create a trigger box and set it on the ground.
Step 2: Step inside it
Step3: Under the script tab choose the "Create Light Area" from the list
Your avatar should turn black.
Step 4: Put your name in the box that will make it easier for this lesson
Step 5: To save time I want everyone to set the Ambient color as follows
Box 1 (Red): 0 Box 2 (Green): 0 Box 3 (Blue):0
(you can play with the colors to get the effect you want when you practice on your own)
Directional Color is something you can decide when you use this script. What direction do you want the color to emminate from? The choices range from .01 to 1.00
Play with the numbers to get the effect you are trying to achieve
Release the trigger box
For this next part I have to tell you I was taught the opposite of what I am going to tell you, but I found this way works best for me.
Now we act like cave dwellers and discover fire. lol
Part 2 (A) Create Light
Step 1: In the editor, find and create the snow prop. (first one works best for this demonstration)Set it on the ground inside the trigger box. Make sure all parts are inside the lines of the trigger box. The effect will not work if even one corner is outside the box. Scale to fit.
Step 2: Clone the snow and place the clone just 2 clicks above the original.
Step 3: Under the Script tab on the clone add Attach Animated Texture and type into the Sprite box "Fire.spr"
Step 4: Under the state tab Fade the clone until it is transparent (about 200 or more)
Click the Texture Unlit, Texture Translucent set about 50, Texture Double Sided, and No Z Buffer.
Step 5: Under the Script tab go to script 2, click "Create Light"
Step 6: In the Region box type your name just as you did in the tab on the trigger box. This has to be exactly the same.
Step: 7 I have all the colors set at 255
Step 8: Set the Intensity to about 1500. You can go pretty high on this, but some say there is not much difference after 3000.
Step 9: Release the prop
You should be able to see the light reflected on the front of your avatar.
Part 2 (B) Create Light cont.
Step 1: Click on original snow prop
Step 2: Under the Script tab click Cached Web image. Place a fire coal texture here and to save time use this one:
http://i785.photobucket....all_textures/8402-v8.png
Step 3: Under State tab, click Textures Unlit and Texture Doublesided
Step 4: Release Prop
Now you have your source and can work from there. You can use other props and play with the settings to suit you, but this is for basic knowlege. You can expand your trigger box as large as you need..you do not need to change the size of your light source (fire etc.) You can also make the source of your light invisible.
Part 3: Create Light Extended
Step 1: Step out of the trigger box
Step 2: Create a generic box
Step 3: Under the script tab click Create Light Area(Extended)
Step 4: In region type your name just as you did before
The box should turn black
Step 5: Under the State tab under Emissive put a number like 50 to see the box has now taken the light source. You can see if you turn it that it changes to keep the light source facing the side that it is set for. The side facing your light source will be lighter.
That is the end of this lesson. Does everyone understand this to this point? Are there any questions?
Ok, please take the script off the trigger box and delete the props you have used. Thank you.
I suggest you practice the settings and work with different props to see how this affect will be helpful to you.
If you wish to see an example of this effect and how it can dramatically affect your deco you can see it at my Darkness Museum where I used this. The URL is:
vww://utherverse.vww/@16079/darknessmuseum#Entrance
It is open to the public.
Add Comment | 1 Comments
Saturday, June 09, 2012 04:48 PM
Create Light Basic 2
Create Lighting Basics part 2.
I have had a lot of requests to learn to make a bloody water fall so we will start there. I want everyone to spread out and create a trigger box and set it on the ground.
Under the script tab set this for "Create Light Area". Put your name in the box. Set your ambient color as follows. First box : 120/ Second and third boxes: 0
Create a "Waterfall 01". Under the State tab set it for: Texture Translucent: 25/ Texture Double- sided/Emissive: 25/Fade: 15 ( the emissive and fade are just random settings i chose, you can play with those when you practice this on your own)
Make sure your waterfall is completely inside the tirger box and no part is over the line.
Under the script tab set for "Attach Animated Texture" and in the drop down choose "clubit_waterfall.spr
Now you have a working bloody waterfall. But what if your water fall is outside the trigger box area?
Create another waterfall outside the trigger box.Do not clone that as you will have to take off all the scripting.
When you get that one done, set the state the same as the other and add the "Attach Animated Texture" as before. Under the second script tab add "Create Light Area (Extended)". Add your name as you wrote it in the the tab for the trigger box.
Now you have two bloody waterfalls. You can apply this method to other things in your build by using the same name you put into the trigger box.
Are there any questions on making a bloody waterfall?
There are a lot of fun things you can do with this script..but there are some seriously awesome effects you can use in a build that bring life to it also.
When you want to use this script in a build you should install your trigger box over the area at the beginning of that build and add it to props as you go rather than trying to do this after it is completed. It will save a lot of time and effort.
I want you to take the light script off of the waterfalls and delete them.
This next part of the class I am using some examples Wraith has in one of our private apartments to show some of things you can do with this script.
I want you to keep the "Create Light Script" on your trigger box but take out the name you put in there. Under the "Ambient Color" I want you to put 50 in all the boxes. Under "Directional Color" make sure they are all set to 0. Under "Direction" it should read: First box: 0 /Second Box : -1.0/ Third box: 0
Clone your trigger box and scale it down to fit completely inside the first one leaving space for your avatar to walk into it. . Name this one Under "Ambient Color" it should read 50 all across as in the other box. . (Your ambient color has to match in both boxes) Under "Directional Color" it should read 255 all across. Under " Direction" change that to read : O/ 1./ 0
Inside the cloned triggerbox create a "Moongarden Lamp". Set it on the ground. Under state set it for "Texture Unlit" and "Texture Double Sided".
Step inside your trigger boxes. You should see the light shining on your avi from below...as if from the lamp.
As you will notice the area around your avi is not totally black. You can adjust the darkness with the "Ambient Color" but the numbers in both boxes have to match.
Is there anyone who has not gotten this so far?
Ok everyone step out of your trigger box. Delete your "Moongarden Lamp" and create an "Exterior Sconce". Place this inside the boxes and raise it to a level that would put it over your avatar's head.
Grab the cloned trigger box again and adjust the settings as follows. "Ambient Color" again 50 all across. Under "Directional Color" put 192 in all the boxes. Under "Direction" set it like this: First box: 0 Second box: -1.00 Third box: 0.
On the "Exterior Sconce" as you did on the "Moongarden Lamp" go to state and set for "Textures Unlit" and "Texture Doublesided".
Step into your trigger boxes again. Now the light seems to shine down onto your head.
You can use this script through the build by creating separate trigger boxes for the directions and using the same name with the "Create Light Area (Extension).
Ok are there any questions? Does everyone see how to do this?
I am including a link for the RGB...color codes for lights.
http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html
And Scott graciously offered this one as well.
http://web.njit.edu/~kevin/rgb.txt.html
The color of your ambient light can determine the mood you are setting.
There are many ways to add the glow to your light. One is to use a "Sign 01" or "Misc 2Sided Plane" and add the "Animated Texture" with the "glow.spr" on it. Place this under your light and/or on the wall behind it.
I personally use an eyeball with the "Attach Animated Texture and "fire.spr" around candles and torches. Sized to fit and fade it to leave just a flickering. I sometimes just make it flat and put it on the wall behind or the ground underneath as well.
Do not be afraid to experiment with it. Figure out different colored lights and directions. See the effects they can have on your build.

I hope this is a great add-on

for your amazing Super List,

Dusty!!!

Loving

5 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
fiamettaAblaze on 5/1/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 5/1/2015(UTC), LazTopCat on 5/10/2015(UTC), LoneRider71 on 9/9/2015(UTC), DurtyJay on 12/28/2015(UTC)
Velvety_Vixen
#48 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 10:45:52 AM(UTC)

can it be added to the list how someone can make a desktop icon that leads them directly into their own transport? pls and ty.
__Dusty__
#49 Posted : Thursday, July 02, 2015 10:55:34 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Velvety_Vixen Go to Quoted Post
can it be added to the list how someone can make a desktop icon that leads them directly into their own transport? pls and ty.

It is already in the list under the Zaby Things Section called Creating Your Own Transport. Here is the link:

http://forums.utherverse...ark-as-default-port.aspx
“Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart.” (Carl Sagan)

Quoted by:_Ga_Peach_
Best Forum Hugs Award goes to __Dusty__
3 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Loving_INTENSE on 8/4/2015(UTC), LoneRider71 on 9/9/2015(UTC), SaphyreRose on 1/3/2017(UTC)
Velvety_Vixen
#50 Posted : Friday, July 03, 2015 8:50:20 AM(UTC)

HI! TY so much. I couldn't find it!
divingA_WnC
#51 Posted : Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:01:05 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hy and hello everyone,

while I am actually working on some new fishes for my Seaside Cottage I figured a small mistake with the zaby bible, which gets always mentioned if talk comes about scripts.

As shown up in the zaby bible, the scripts should be:

Unfortunately there happened a small mistake. Take for prop

Yellow Fish 01 the script Fishtank_fish21_ani

and for the

Yellow Fish 02 prop the script Fishtank_fish6_ani

Kind regards, divingA

EDIT:

Exactly same mistake happened with the Yellow Fish 03 and 04 props. Use the scripts reverse way ... take the script of Yellow Fish 04

Fishtank_fish6_ani

if you want the Yellow Fish 03 get to move and

the script of Yellow Fish 03

Fishtank_fish22_ani

if you want the Yellow Fish 04 get to move.

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
2 users thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
Playa_Designs on 9/9/2015(UTC), __Dusty__ on 10/1/2015(UTC)
divingA_WnC
#52 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 6:11:37 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hy and hello everyone,

is it me alone that I get with the highlightened link a 404 Error?

Kind regards, divingA

He who does not submit to the laws, must leave the area where they apply. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
1 user thanked divingA_WnC for this useful post.
__Dusty__ on 12/28/2015(UTC)
Hot_Liquor
#53 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 6:57:33 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: divingA_WnC Go to Quoted Post
Hy and hello everyone,

Kind regards, divingA

There is a "(" after the ".aspx" causing the error. In other words a space is needed for "(post4)".

http://forums.utherverse.com/yaf_postsm1329323_equlizer-for-in-game.aspx
2 users thanked Hot_Liquor for this useful post.
divingA_WnC on 12/28/2015(UTC), __Dusty__ on 12/28/2015(UTC)
__Dusty__
#54 Posted : Monday, December 28, 2015 8:49:33 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: divingA_WnC Go to Quoted Post
Hy and hello everyone,

Kind regards, divingA

Error has been fixed, thank you.

UPDATED: 1-13-2016

4 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
Hot_Liquor on 12/28/2015(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 12/28/2015(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 12/28/2015(UTC), DurtyJay on 1/11/2016(UTC)
Sandra_CandyHot_
#55 Posted : Monday, May 02, 2016 11:08:59 PM(UTC)

ayuda quiero crear en mis zabys los nuevos bots de business uno de ellos es create lesbian sexual npc couple y el create gay sexual npc couple ya envie email a utherverse pero no me entienden y envian informacion incorrecta de lo que pido nesecito saber como se crea desde el principio cada bots de busniess nuevos el npc gay couple y el lesbian npc couple espero su ayuda gracias Undecided
Loving_INTENSE
#56 Posted : Tuesday, May 03, 2016 7:45:56 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sandra_CandyHot_ Go to Quoted Post
ayuda quiero crear en mis zabys los nuevos bots de business uno de ellos es create lesbian sexual npc couple y el create gay sexual npc couple ya envie email a utherverse pero no me entienden y envian informacion incorrecta de lo que pido nesecito saber como se crea desde el principio cada bots de busniess nuevos el npc gay couple y el lesbian npc couple espero su ayuda gracias Undecided

Se necesita un decorador de Licenciado o un miembro de licencia de negocios que habla español

*edit* (EN: You need a Licensed Decorator or a member with a Business License, who speaks Spanish!)

2 users thanked Loving_INTENSE for this useful post.
Hot_Liquor on 5/3/2016(UTC), __Dusty__ on 6/8/2016(UTC)
elmerfudddaffy
#57 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2016 10:41:23 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I just want to publicly thank Dusty for her tireless work to keep this list up to date. It is one hell of a helpful list and should be bookmarked by all designers and decos. It may seem like a thankless job but it isn't. So thank you Dusty for keeping this list current and continually adding to it as things come up.

vww://utherverse.vww/@129967/@829894
10 users thanked elmerfudddaffy for this useful post.
Playa_Designs on 6/8/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 6/8/2016(UTC), DurtyJay on 6/8/2016(UTC), Sheila_R on 6/11/2016(UTC), __Dusty__ on 7/14/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 8/4/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 8/4/2016(UTC), divingA_WnC on 8/16/2016(UTC), BB_Licious on 11/10/2016(UTC), Cougar on 3/18/2017(UTC)
__Dusty__
#58 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:31:54 PM(UTC)

List was updated on 11-10-2016

6 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 11/10/2016(UTC), Anhton_Novo on 11/10/2016(UTC), LazTopCat on 11/10/2016(UTC), BB_Licious on 11/10/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 11/10/2016(UTC), Toya_TnT on 11/11/2016(UTC)
__Dusty__
#59 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:54:52 PM(UTC)

List was updated on 11-30-2016

2 users thanked __Dusty__ for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 11/30/2016(UTC), PixelJim on 11/30/2016(UTC)
Little_Jessie_SK
#60 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2016 10:32:43 PM(UTC)

Thank you Dusty, I do appreciate the hard work you have continually put into this list throughout the years. My apologies for not making known my gratitude till now, it has been very useful to me. Jessie
4 users thanked Little_Jessie_SK for this useful post.
DurtyJay on 12/6/2016(UTC), __Dusty__ on 12/7/2016(UTC), elmerfudddaffy on 12/8/2016(UTC), Loving_INTENSE on 1/3/2017(UTC)