Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
8 Pages<1234>»
HOW to DESIGN CLOTHES Resource List .... Tutorials, Meshes, Templates.
Inked_Minx
#21 Posted : Monday, March 09, 2009 12:06:32 AM(UTC)

bumps a sticky worthy thread
"The liberty of the press would be an empty sound, and no man would venture to write on any subject, however, pure his purpose, without an attorney at one elbow and a counsel at the other. From minds thus subdued by the fear of punishment, there could issue no works of genius to expand the empire of human reason."
Thomas Erskine
RedOdile
#22 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 3:15:19 AM(UTC)

Yay! Thank you.
Waving from another world with ausmate by my side. -12/2011
Caraliscious
#23 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2009 4:26:40 AM(UTC)

OMG tytytytytytytyty

Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing Dancing
Cara has closed her design shop

_Aviva_ wrote:

Either you can be part of the solution, or you can go around creating problems where they don't exist to suit your own miserable agenda.
bi_bi_love
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 10:58:40 PM(UTC)

Location: FBOTA V6.66 - Please feel free to bypass my posts, I tend to ramble ;)
Useful information about:
Texture Size, Pixel Counts, Video Memory, and File Formats, by _SexyOne_

http://www.utherverse.co...aspx?g=posts&t=36753

Qbag or cnenabvq
Vg vf nobhg lbh
1 user thanked bi_bi_love for this useful post.
EvokingObscurity on 5/3/2013(UTC)
jinxxx13
#25 Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:34:34 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Well, I've read every link here, and I've learned where to save custom clothes I acquire, and how to put them on my avatar, but I didn't find anything that will help me design my own clothes.

From what I understand, you start with a something called a mesh, which is a sort of diagram of the body part to be clothed. There are pictures of meshes, but I don't know how to go about getting an actual mesh. Once I have a mesh, I use it to determine the cut of the outfit I want to make. But I don't see any explanation as to how to do that either. Then, I need to add color to the outfit, but again, there is nothing that explains how do to that.

Could someone who knows how to make clothes be so kind as to explain these things?
RedOdile
#26 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:32:20 AM(UTC)

jinxxx13 wrote:
Well, I've read every link here, and I've learned where to save custom clothes I acquire, and how to put them on my avatar, but I didn't find anything that will help me design my own clothes.

From what I understand, you start with a something called a mesh, which is a sort of diagram of the body part to be clothed. There are pictures of meshes, but I don't know how to go about getting an actual mesh. Once I have a mesh, I use it to determine the cut of the outfit I want to make. But I don't see any explanation as to how to do that either. Then, I need to add color to the outfit, but again, there is nothing that explains how do to that.

Could someone who knows how to make clothes be so kind as to explain these things?

Xaoz explains his process using a women's basic shirt as the example: http://www.utherverse.co...aspx?g=posts&t=27039
RedOdile
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:34:44 AM(UTC)

Cara, I think you should consider removing Angel Hunter's links from the OP. His images have not been available for some time.
babyangel89
#28 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2009 4:11:10 PM(UTC)

hi im new here to utheverse and yes i know im dumb Shhh lol but how do i get clothes for my character and do i have to be vip to get clothes?? and how can i design clothes cause i dont understand nothing im so confusedThink .. well plz write back to me or something ill check back tomorrow ty
RedOdile
#29 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 4:24:51 AM(UTC)

Sweet_B's shoe templates: http://www.utherverse.co...px?g=profile&u=52975
1 user thanked RedOdile for this useful post.
RedOdile
#30 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 4:29:31 AM(UTC)

babyangel89 wrote:
hi im new here to utheverse and yes i know im dumb Shhh lol but how do i get clothes for my character and do i have to be vip to get clothes?? and how can i design clothes cause i dont understand nothing im so confusedThink .. well plz write back to me or something ill check back tomorrow ty

You're not dumb for asking these questions.

As a Basic member, you're limited to the clothes in the inworld closet that you can access by clicking on Customize (the shirt icon) on the wheel in the upper right hand corner of your screen.

As A VIP, you can customize your avatar through your profile in the Social Center. You can use the UtherCloset to purchase clothes you can buy in Sexy's Mall and the Niche Boutique (and many designers offer freebies as well). You can also use UVTextures, which contains thousands of free clothes.

To get started on designing clothes, I suggest you follow the links in the first post of this thread.
Mr_Khalek_Duncan
#31 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 3:56:00 AM(UTC)

Medals:
First off...what a frikin awesome community. The tutorials, the explanations, all top notch. I am a few days into RLC and am loving it. Naturally, being a graphic designer I immediately start wanting to make clothes, tattoos, and all this great stuff. Of course, I am starting small, making stuff just so I can see it on my avi in the game.

Now to my question/problem:

I have created a simple tattoo for a male back torso. Finished it, named it, placed it in the correct folder, and told my Direct Avatar Editing what file to use. I know all this is working because I can see it on my avi. Then what the hell am I posting about you ask? It is on my chest (want it on my back) and it is upside down. Now here is the issue. When I saw this, I instantly said, oops, my bad and went to my file, flipped it and moved it up to the upper part of the torso on the wire frame mesh(oh thank you Xaoz_HOT_XtC, you rock). Then I re-saved it into the folder and went into the game. It is in the exact same place. On my chest and upside down. Either the new file is not being seen and I need to do something, like maybe empty a cache or I am not understanding something about the way textures are being used.

Here is the file I am using:

The black outline is just to show the edges of the file. It is not included in the actual file I am using.

You can see I have the tattoo on the upper part of the torso mesh and right upside down. Is this correct? If so, what do you thing the problem might be?

Thanks for all any help. I almost got through without having to ask a question. More than likely we can chalk it up to being up waaay to long Smile

Khalek

Forget this Fluffi!!! *huggles*
Mr_Khalek_Duncan
#32 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 5:31:40 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Ok, so a few hours sleep brought a solution. I renamed the file to something different and it worked. So it must be a cache deal. Now to work on something more difficult.

TC,

Khalek

Forget this Fluffi!!! *huggles*
Ameryan
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2009 5:14:37 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I just want to say I started this tutorial this morning and have made several designs based on the information you have provided. My first shirt didn't come out to to bad, just misjudged the center cut but the next was much better.

For those not familiar with the programs provided here...please know I didn't either and managed to follow the steps and learn the program pretty fast. I prefer GIMP!!

So thank so much for this tutorial!! I am a dedicated and addicted fan!! Thanks

AMY
Ameryan attached the following image(s):
Ameryan-8-15-2009-14-7-45-.jpg (314kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
Ameryan-8-15-2009-14-0-1-.jpg (190kb) downloaded 1,267 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try and register.
bi_bi_love
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 25, 2009 10:41:05 PM(UTC)

Location: FBOTA V6.66 - Please feel free to bypass my posts, I tend to ramble ;)
Mesh Codes by Xaoz in the thread by the same name -
http://www.utherverse.co...&m=686888#post686888

Qbag or cnenabvq
Vg vf nobhg lbh
bi_bi_love
#35 Posted : Saturday, November 07, 2009 8:47:42 AM(UTC)

Before this falls off the bottom...

New Mannequins for Designers - James 3D
http://www.utherverse.co...aspx?g=posts&t=47967

Qbag or cnenabvq
Vg vf nobhg lbh
__SaraH__
#36 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 3:12:15 AM(UTC)

1 user thanked __SaraH__ for this useful post.
bi_bi_love
#37 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:11:21 PM(UTC)

Just a couple more to keep a track on

"shine effect help" asked by F0rbiddenX_FbX
http://www.utherverse.co...aspx?g=posts&t=49963

"Clothing/Tattoo Tutorials" started by SaraH
http://www.utherverse.co...aspx?g=posts&t=46778

Qbag or cnenabvq
Vg vf nobhg lbh
Music_CU
#38 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:17:31 PM(UTC)

How can I a shirt template for males?
Moon_OCFF
#39 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:58:07 PM(UTC)

Music_CU wrote:
How can I a shirt template for males?

That information is found in the very first post of this thread...

Xaoz_Xtc's Meshes both male and female
kelstan
#40 Posted : Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:15:02 PM(UTC)

Medals:
may day may day may day... seems like the links to SweetB's shoe templates thread doesn't work anymore... tried several topics where it was linked, one is broken, the other leads to her forum profile...

I did browse the only 8 remaining pages of the textures section, and I didn't find it... anyone see it somewhere
(btw RLC guys, if it's gone i'll have to hate you one more century... Tongue )