Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
8 Pages«<45678>
HOW to DESIGN CLOTHES Resource List .... Tutorials, Meshes, Templates.
JoWebArt
#101 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:13:17 AM(UTC)

Hi everyone Smile

I have a question ... Where do i get the mesh for earings i looked everywhere , is there any? Huh

Thank you
JoWebArt
bi_bi_love
#102 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:52:40 AM(UTC)

Location: FBOTA V6.66 - Please feel free to bypass my posts, I tend to ramble ;)
Originally Posted by: JoWebArt Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone Smile

I have a question ... Where do i get the mesh for earings i looked everywhere , is there any? Huh

Thank you
JoWebArt

Try this
it's for hoops...basically it's a square Smile

Qbag or cnenabvq
Vg vf nobhg lbh
Bimbo_Dana_ARVW
#103 Posted : Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:46:37 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I apologise, probably I write not to that section, but have not found here that searched. At me a question - whether it is possible to edit the image (raster) in coreldraw? If there is no that how much? If that is possible as? How it is possible to edit a grid in a format.jpeg? I have not seen here comparative examples, for example "was so, then I have changed that because... And as a result it has turned out here so". While it is clear nothing

Confused
JoWebArt
#104 Posted : Thursday, July 07, 2011 11:15:09 AM(UTC)

ty bi
Mistycal_Fire
#105 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:46:51 AM(UTC)

Medals:
I Been following these design post and have learned a lot. Thank you all for sharing this I am a new designer but advanced from a newborn to a infant soon the toddler stage..)lol) but am getting there been having so much FUN!!
Its just attracting customers which is the hardest part. Smile
Mistycal_Fire attached the following image(s):
Mistycal_Fire-7-9-2011-18-11-57-268.jpg (251kb) downloaded 5 time(s).
Mistycal_Fire-7-10-2011-19-18-26-435.jpg (76kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
Mistycal_Fire-7-11-2011-13-13-9-98.jpg (75kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try and register.
Cute_Dark_Kitten
#106 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:51:45 AM(UTC)

These tutorials are very helpfull.

Are there any tutorials for body skin designing (upper, lower legs)?
Rand
#107 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 7:58:18 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Cute_Dark_Kitten Go to Quoted Post
These tutorials are very helpfull.

Are there any tutorials for body skin designing (upper, lower legs)?

GirlFriday with DMI started a Skin Drawing series a while back. I don't think she's done a Leg's version yet, but the techniques for shading and highlighting will be pretty much the same as for the torso. Positioning of course will be key.

The two threads I found in a quick search are:

Nipples

Belly
Rand Has Left The Building...

...but apparently The Learning Zone and RaD Catalog get to stay open! And yes the TLZ remains Free!

Cute_Dark_Kitten
#108 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 2:20:46 PM(UTC)

Thx, I have seen those tutorials (after I taught to me by this myself Sad ).

I am really impressed by bareskin and real looking skins.

But I guess, something like this can be donw with the I warp and a lot of patience (which is very bad for me Wink
QueenWickah_VWDD
#109 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:55:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Can someone pretty please, with sugar on top; please post new links? I am trying very hard to learn clothing, hair and shoe design, but most of the links are not valid anymore. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication.
RAYfighter_EXC
#110 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 2:07:21 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I am trying to find 3D model files for legacy avatars - especially baggy jeans for male.
Searching this forum is difficult, because of strange forum engine (so different from common forums on internet!) and also because of quite funny naming of well known terms in 3D community. (mesh means 3D surface consisting of 3D faces, defined by array of 3D vertices; in RLC it means 2D texture bitmap with unwrapped wireframe, which is mapped on 3D models in-game. Usefull but I need both.)

Anyone could please share a link for this model? In the Designer Kit I got there are only New Style OBJ files for that.

Thank you in advance!
bi_bi_love
#111 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 2:52:44 PM(UTC)

Location: FBOTA V6.66 - Please feel free to bypass my posts, I tend to ramble ;)
Originally Posted by: Prcs_Wickah_VWDD Go to Quoted Post
Can someone pretty please, with sugar on top; please post new links? I am trying very hard to learn clothing, hair and shoe design, but most of the links are not valid anymore. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication.

I've just had a click through a few of the links on page one, including FBX's and Angent Superkitty's hair tutorials, and they seem to be working ok. Listing the broken ones specifically would be useful so Cara can update the front page without having to check everything.
Depends on what program you are using, but there are not huge differences in general between them.
If it's GIMP, look in my signature, they are all still there.

Originally Posted by: RAYfighter Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to find 3D model files for legacy avatars - especially baggy jeans for male.
Searching this forum is difficult, because of strange forum engine (so different from common forums on internet!) and also because of quite funny naming of well known terms in 3D community. (mesh means 3D surface consisting of 3D faces, defined by array of 3D vertices; in RLC it means 2D texture bitmap with unwrapped wireframe, which is mapped on 3D models in-game. Usefull but I need both.)

Anyone could please share a link for this model? In the Designer Kit I got there are only New Style OBJ files for that.

Thank you in advance!

TBH Ray, I've no idea if it contains what you need, but I think it does...
Have a look on my profile, I have obj files etc adapted for use on 3d programs hosted in my box.net account. Feel free to grab them and have a look.

Qbag or cnenabvq
Vg vf nobhg lbh
DreamMakersInc
#112 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:12:52 AM(UTC)

Medals:

Thank you in advance!

The RLC community refers to the unwrapped/flattened UV as a Mesh or meshmap which is a bit misleading to others.
The current designer kit is available via your profile/clothing page as well as a texture pack.
Be advised that the UV's supplied within the designer kit dot NOT reflect what is in current use by Utherverse for some stupid reason.
Most of the items in the attachments folder work for both new and legacy.
I could go on a rant about the poorly made UVs and their haphazard implementation in-world but I fear I would not stop until I've insulted the CEO and Art Dev team's parentage....
The mesh you are looking for is in the designer kit folders as HM_BaggyJeans.obj/.gml. These work on the New Style avi, but I don't think they are available for Legacy at this time.
"If he wasn't an insurgent, he sure is one now." SSG WIll James, 'The Hurt Locker'
1 user thanked DreamMakersInc for this useful post.
RAYfighter_EXC on 3/14/2012(UTC)
RAYfighter_EXC
#113 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 10:57:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: _DMI_ Go to Quoted Post

The RLC community refers to the unwrapped/flattened UV as a Mesh or meshmap which is a bit misleading to others.
The current designer kit is available via your profile/clothing page as well as a texture pack.
Be advised that the UV's supplied within the designer kit dot NOT reflect what is in current use by Utherverse for some stupid reason.
I could go on a rant about the poorly made UVs and their haphazard implementation in-world but I fear I would not stop until I've insulted the CEO and Art Dev team's parentage....
The mesh you are looking for is in the designer kit folders as HM_BaggyJeans.obj/.gml. These work on the New Style avi, but I don't think they are available for Legacy at this time.

Yea you got it. Designer Kit offers only New Style baggy jeans. If I tried to take this HM_BaggyJeans.obj, and apply Legacy "meshmap" png texture on it, here is the result (see attachment please).

What you see is screenshot from 3ds max viewport, with 3 instanced copies of the same mesh, um.. 3D model Smile HM_BaggyJeans.obj. Green wireframe are edges from HM_BaggyJeans.obj's topology, White wireframe comes from legacy baggyjeans texture. Eventhough there are triangles displayed, while New Style model shows quad faces, it's quite surprising that the old style baggy jeans had MORE vertices than the new style...

Anyhow, the result is: New Style Baggy Jeans are different from Legacy model. A lot.

RAYfighter_EXC attached the following image(s):
HM_BaggyJeans.jpg (268kb) downloaded 26 time(s).

DreamMakersInc
#114 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:40:01 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: _DMI_ Go to Quoted Post

Yea you got it. Designer Kit offers only New Style baggy jeans. If I tried to take this HM_BaggyJeans.obj, and apply Legacy "meshmap" png texture on it, here is the result (see attachment please).

What you see is screenshot from 3ds max viewport, with 3 instanced copies of the same mesh, um.. 3D model Smile HM_BaggyJeans.obj. Green wireframe are edges from HM_BaggyJeans.obj's topology, White wireframe comes from legacy baggyjeans texture. Eventhough there are triangles displayed, while New Style model shows quad faces, it's quite surprising that the old style baggy jeans had MORE vertices than the new style...

Anyhow, the result is: New Style Baggy Jeans are different from Legacy model. A lot.

Yes indeed Ray!
OK, here is the workaround for Men's baggy pants as of today:

Add your texture to the skin/skin layer as shown.

Keep in mind that the hacks use the wireframe map belonging to the NSA HM_BaggyPants. You might have to overrun the map edges with your textures to avoid seam splitting.

An yes, there is a substantial difference between the NSA and Legacy avatars. Perhaps someday the devs will fix the broken en avatars......
"If he wasn't an insurgent, he sure is one now." SSG WIll James, 'The Hurt Locker'
1 user thanked DreamMakersInc for this useful post.
RAYfighter_EXC on 3/20/2012(UTC)
RAYfighter_EXC
#115 Posted : Tuesday, March 20, 2012 4:13:03 AM(UTC)

Medals:
HA! Nice testing texture you use DMI Tongue
Thanks for tutorial how to use legacy baggies (although I knew that, others certainly find it helpfull).

And I found my own walkaround for the 3D model of legacy avatar. Attached is the screenshot - Legacy dude is the one at the right. Legacy baggies' "meshmap" fits every edge of the model topology perfectly. Now i can go design some legacy pants. Applause

(send me a SC "mail" for 3ds max 2011 model please, i have got it hard and pretty dirty way so... Anxious lol )

RAYfighter_EXC attached the following image(s):
Baggy Jeans newstyle vs legacy.png (260kb) downloaded 14 time(s).

anadepa
#116 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:07:15 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello, I am anadepa ... and I am new in the design of clothes .. I Superior creates already two parts, and there is no problem.

But when I have designed a few trousers I have problems, put on them and well ... but when I guard change, they remove themselves and become different. That happens?
That I have badly?

These are the trousers:

and these properties of since:

That I have steps that seguirpara on that they put as trousers? Someone can say to me to my, or where to find a tutorial, where they explain .. pardon my Englishman.

BabyTwizzy
#117 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 8:15:26 AM(UTC)

Hi there every one Cheesy

I was wondering if any one knew what parts of the body i could make mesh`s for. So theres earings and shoes can i make wings ect?

The whole adding temps to it is no problem just wondering mostly about the mesh's.

Ty

Twizzy
Rand
#118 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:02:18 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: BabyTwizzy Go to Quoted Post

I was wondering if any one knew what parts of the body i could make mesh`s for. So theres earings and shoes can i make wings ect?

You can't make meshes for any body parts at present. Those have to be made and put into the system by Utherverse.

You can however apply textures to every mesh already in the system. There is a Designer Kit with most of them (not sure if it has the legacy hacks now or not) under the "Clothing" button on your profile.
Rand Has Left The Building...

...but apparently The Learning Zone and RaD Catalog get to stay open! And yes the TLZ remains Free!

Mr_Xavier_BFAM
#119 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 11:19:39 AM(UTC)

I want to try to make some wings, but however I do not see any mesh/template for wings in the Designer kit. What do I use for template for wings ? Or is there a template out there somewhere ? Undecided
bi_bi_love
#120 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 11:46:49 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Emp_James_OVC Go to Quoted Post
I want to try to make some wings, but however I do not see any mesh/template for wings in the Designer kit. What do I use for template for wings ? Or is there a template out there somewhere ? Undecided

Try this:

Qbag or cnenabvq
Vg vf nobhg lbh
1 user thanked bi_bi_love for this useful post.
Mr_Xavier_BFAM on 7/6/2012(UTC)