Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
8 Pages«<5678>
HOW to DESIGN CLOTHES Resource List .... Tutorials, Meshes, Templates.
Mr_Xavier_BFAM
#121 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 11:52:42 AM(UTC)

Thank You Very Much, bi Smile
1 user thanked Mr_Xavier_BFAM for this useful post.
bi_bi_love on 7/6/2012(UTC)
PisicutaBaby
#122 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2012 8:13:50 PM(UTC)

Medals:
hello all Smile I am looking for earrings planes and find them nowhere...someone can help?

In God we trust! All other must submit certificate....
_Mikaela_CS
#123 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 3:46:35 PM(UTC)

Medals:
I am having a problem uploading a mesh into the closet. I design clothing. when trying to upload a new design I am getting an error message saying it is already been uploaded, which I know it has not. I even tried changing its name. a search of already loaded textures shows me again it is not there. how can I delete any testing textures that I load and try and reform to make right?
Cougarrrr
#124 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 4:01:47 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: _Mikaela_CS Go to Quoted Post
I am having a problem uploading a mesh into the closet. I design clothing. when trying to upload a new design I am getting an error message saying it is already been uploaded, which I know it has not. I even tried changing its name. a search of already loaded textures shows me again it is not there. how can I delete any testing textures that I load and try and reform to make right?

I assume you are talking about uploading to UVC, is that right? Have you already uploaded this outfit to UVD? If so, that's the problem. You can upload to UVC first then to UVD, but not the other way around. If that's the case, you need to change at least one pixel on the texture, and then try uploading it. It should work fine.

Unfortunately, there's no option in UVC to delete textures that have already been uploaded. It's one of the things designers have asked for, but never received. However, if you are testing, you just need to "replace" the texture in the configuration with the updated one and then there is no additional charge for the new upload. For instance, if you uploaded a skinny top to test out and needed to modify it, just click on Replace and it will allow you to choose the new file you want to replace it with.

I hope that all made some sense. It's easier to do than to explain... lol.
Matthew 5:9: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

1 user thanked Cougarrrr for this useful post.
_Mikaela_ on 8/28/2012(UTC)
_Mikaela_CS
#125 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:04:50 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Thank you! Yes it was helpful! It would make designing life easier on here is they would allow us to delete from UVC our testing ones. Sadly I am not perfect at this, so many mistakes and tries will be made. For some reason it should ahve shown in the current upload, but it wasnt. So I will try to chase it down now or alter its appearance to reload.

Thank you again Cougarr, you were great help! Smile
Rand
#126 Posted : Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:25:12 AM(UTC)

When you have a texture uploaded that isn't quite right yet, add it to an outfit, then use the Replace link that appears under the thumbnail image. That'll save you tons of rays, since uploading a new texture costs a ray, but Replacing one is free.

Just have to make sure you've not released or sent an outfit that includes that texture to anyone. The moment someone else has it the texture becomes Locked, so it can't be replaced without jumping through some additional hoops.
Rand Has Left The Building...

...but apparently The Learning Zone and RaD Catalog get to stay open! And yes the TLZ remains Free!

Sable01
#127 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 12:58:34 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Here is a quick q for yall,

How do you delete a template before uploading it?

Also where would you go to get the stuff to make trims?

Thanks yall
Sable
Xaoz
#128 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 6:28:04 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Sable_TNA Go to Quoted Post
Here is a quick q for yall,

How do you delete a template before uploading it?

Also where would you go to get the stuff to make trims?

Thanks yall
Sable

I never delete a template (I will assume by template you are talking about the uv-map) I just hide it so it won't show when you save the outfit as a png file. You should also always save a working copy of your design so that you can use it again later as a base for another design. I think you will find after a while you may start having similar design ideas and tweaking an old design is often much easier than making a new one from scratch.

Please Shop responsibly and try before you buy
Sable01
#129 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 9:57:03 AM(UTC)

Medals:
how do you hide it? My problem is when I upload a shirt that I have cut you can still see the meshlines.

Thanks,
Sable
__LEVI__
#130 Posted : Sunday, September 09, 2012 11:14:29 AM(UTC)

Location: Between heaven and hell... ....In my own happy place
Originally Posted by: Sable_TNA Go to Quoted Post
how do you hide it? My problem is when I upload a shirt that I have cut you can still see the meshlines.

Thanks,
Sable

That would depend on what program you are using.

Photoshop:

Click the eye icon next to a layer, group, or layer effect to hide its content in the document window. Click in the column again to redisplay the content. To view the eye icon for styles and effects, click the Reveal Effects In panel icon

Gimp:
When you're working you can also hide layers by clicking on the eye that's next to each one:

Paint net works the same way in the document window click on the box next to the layer.

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Masturbation is a form of stress relief. So go fuck yourself and calm down.
_Mikaela_CS
#131 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:02:53 PM(UTC)

Medals:
need more help. I am having the hardest time loading textures for legacy. I can load skirt, wings, shoes etc for new style, but when trying to load for legacy it wont load. any help or idea?
__LEVI__
#132 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:50:24 PM(UTC)

Location: Between heaven and hell... ....In my own happy place
need more help. I am having the hardest time loading textures for legacy. I can load skirt, wings, shoes etc for new style, but when trying to load for legacy it wont load. any help or idea?

Define won't load. What is happening? What are you seeing?

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.

Masturbation is a form of stress relief. So go fuck yourself and calm down.
Rand
#133 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:26:11 PM(UTC)

Check to make sure you have two two settings on your shoes, skirts, wings or anything else that is considered an attachment.

Layer: SKIN
Decal: Skin

That's the one I see most often.

...but apparently The Learning Zone and RaD Catalog get to stay open! And yes the TLZ remains Free!

2 users thanked Rand for this useful post.
_Mikaela_ on 9/13/2012(UTC), SunshineAimee on 9/23/2012(UTC)
_Mikaela_CS
#134 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:15:57 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Originally Posted by: Rand Go to Quoted Post

Check to make sure you have two two settings on your shoes, skirts, wings or anything else that is considered an attachment.

Layer: SKIN
Decal: Skin

That's the one I see most often.

like on mini skirt. I used the map. then uploaded it. once I do it shows the black mini. same for shoes. its not loading my textures at all. I am using the correct maps for them, but not working on legacy. on shoes. despite loading correct mesh, it shows standard basic item. my mesh isnt on it at all
Rand
#135 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:38:50 AM(UTC)

Again, check to make sure the textures are assigned to Layer: SKIN and Decal: Skin.

What you describe is pretty much what happens if you don't have attachments set to skin > skin.

1 user thanked Rand for this useful post.
_Mikaela_ on 9/13/2012(UTC)
_Mikaela_CS
#136 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:21:11 AM(UTC)

Medals:
got it. thank you. using decal as skin for those 2 did help
Jerlon
#137 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 3:00:58 PM(UTC)

Medals:
This is very interesting and helpful .. however, much is presumed and it is becoming a more advanced thread to share undoubtly excellent ideas .. but what about TOTAL DESIGN NUBIES like me (and others) .... I am finding myself overwhelmed here and was hoping for a very basic tutorial. Can anyone link or share a way for a complete beginner to understand how to get started?

Any suggestions? I have GIMP 2.6 version and have attempted to mess about with the designer kit but I can't make any sense of it. Is there a complete idiot's guide to design out there? One that doesn't assume so much .. and treats the potential designer like a first grader just learning how to read?

I would really appreciate it. Thanks

- Jerlon

Okhti Jinn Lawaq
1 user thanked Jerlon for this useful post.
VirtualEpiphany on 3/29/2014(UTC)
Cougarrrr
#138 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 3:34:33 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Jerlon Go to Quoted Post
This is very interesting and helpful .. however, much is presumed and it is becoming a more advanced thread to share undoubtly excellent ideas .. but what about TOTAL DESIGN NUBIES like me (and others) .... I am finding myself overwhelmed here and was hoping for a very basic tutorial. Can anyone link or share a way for a complete beginner to understand how to get started?

Any suggestions? I have GIMP 2.6 version and have attempted to mess about with the designer kit but I can't make any sense of it. Is there a complete idiot's guide to design out there? One that doesn't assume so much .. and treats the potential designer like a first grader just learning how to read?

I would really appreciate it. Thanks

- Jerlon

Check out the bottom of Rand's last post. There's a link to a training room where he has numerous how-to videos posted. Good luck!
Matthew 5:9: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

1 user thanked Cougarrrr for this useful post.
Jerlon on 9/13/2013(UTC)
Lady_Little_Rock
#139 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 7:16:51 AM(UTC)

Medals:
Hello Everyone, I normally, Do not post or ask questions here, just prose for hours, lol
Lots of good info in these forums, I have learned a lot.

Main Reason for posting-Being a new Clothing Designer, having an issue re: the way clothing looks in low and high detail settings. They still look good, in low settings, but def 100% better in high detail. Is there anything I can do to create the same effect/look in the low settings?
Please Help and ty.

Also I didn't notice this problem before, not sure, if this is something new in the last past few weeks, due to all these patches.

I have enhanced the sharpness, and the antialias on the textures that Im making, adding more details to it, and lots of more layers, but Not really seeing anything different. Ive also tried on a few other designers clothing, and Im seeing the same thing, on most. So is this a Universal Problem?

Thanks

Lady_Little_Rock attached the following image(s):
Bad Bitches for Store.png (391kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
new logo1.png (204kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try and register.
Rand
#140 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2013 8:29:32 AM(UTC)

Quote:
Is there anything I can do to create the same effect/look in the low settings?

No, not really much you can do. When people change the detail settings on their end they're essentially choosing to make everything less crisp. Or put another way they're trading better performance in lieu of better quality visuals.

The one caveat is to make sure your textures are perfectly square and the correct Factor of 2 dimensions. In English this means one of the following:

128 x 128 pixels
256 x 256 pixels
512 x 512 pixels (This is what most use to retain decent detail without overburdening users)
1024 x 1024 pixels (Used for some small, highly detailed baubles like Jewelry)

It seems to change every few months, but sometimes if your texture isn't correctly sized the Texture Details settings can cause them to have split seams.

1 user thanked Rand for this useful post.
Clare_HCD on 10/15/2013(UTC)